What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I add other instruments I have purchased (Korg iMS-20) to be available in GB?

stratt28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am the proud new owner of the iPad 3rd gen and I am also a musician. I've quickly learned GB on the iPad and LOVE it. I was wondering if it was possible to "add" other downloaded instruments to be available within Garageband? If there is, can you please explain the process? If not, is there an alternative method? I want to be able to use some smart instruments (drums, keyboard and bass), add vocals and guitar with my Alesis I/O dock and THEN add some various sounds from the Korg iMS-20. For the record I also have a very nice Boss BR-1600CD 16 track recording unit. I imagine I can cable things up to record the sounds from the iPad (GB and the Korg sounds) right onto the Boss BR-1600CD, however I would prefer to be able to work entirely within the iPad for obvious reasons (ease of use, portability, ability to email and post right from within the iPad).

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jody in NH

ps...love this forum!

Most reactions

Latest posts