What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I add memory to iPad or iPhone?

djphelan01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife wanted to get a new iPhone 5s from Verizon but they don't sell the 64gb one and she didn't want to spend the extra money for the iPhone 6. This has got me thinking and wondering if I can just replace the memory card on the phone and put a larger card in there. If so can I also do that to my daughters mini iPad ? I have the iPad 2 64gb and still have memory left, but when it is full can I just change cards and start new?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife wanted to get a new iPhone 5s from Verizon but they don't sell the 64gb one and she didn't want to spend the extra money for the iPhone 6. This has got me thinking and wondering if I can just replace the memory card on the phone and put a larger card in there. If so can I also do that to my daughters mini iPad ? I have the iPad 2 64gb and still have memory left, but when it is full can I just change cards and start new?
I'm afraid that you can't increase the storage capacity of any iOS device. The storage size is fixed at the factory and can't be altered. The storage uses soldered in flash memory chips, not replaceable memory cards.

Most reactions