What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I add links on Ipad desktop???

trola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! How can I add a few links on the Apple Ipad desktop (this is for an old lady). I want to help her. In this way it will be super easy and simple for her to open the links by clicking them. Looking forward to your response! Thank you!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you are in the Safari web browser and find a link you want to save, press the curvy arrow icon (the one that's next to the URL box). One of the options you'll see in the drop-down box is "Add to Home Screen" (as mentioned by AirPlayit). Press that and you will be given a chance to name the bookmark what you want (be careful, you only get about 10 letters before the full name won't show).

Then, your iPad will close Safari and go to the page on which you will see is your new bookmark. You then can treat it like any old icon - move it from page to page, put it in a folder, etc. I think it's one of the j]more clever things Apple made for the iPad... :)

Anyway - hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions