What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can heat generated from watching mkv files damage ipad screen?

blizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[h=2][/h]
Question on the title. Coz I noticed that my ipad runs hotter when watching mkv files on apps like o-player or xbmc as compared to watching ipad-formatted files from the built in video app. Will the extra heat generated possibly damage my ipad screen, since the screen surface gets really hot as well?

Thanks for your help!​

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i always play games everyday until it heats up too so it also worry me but so far no effect on screen i noticed:ipad-keyboard:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad is supposed to shut down before the temperature gets high enough to damage components. That feature could fail, of course, but probably not.

This was actually in the media (for about a month) after the first couple of iPad models were released; people complained that their iPads shut down unexpectedly when used outside in direct sunlight, in the summer. I'm guessing it still happens now and then, but the media seems to realize it's not enough of an issue to cover; which is strangely reticent of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts