1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can heat generated from watching mkv files damage ipad screen?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by blizard, Dec 24, 2012.

1. blizard

blizard iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [h=2][/h]
    Question on the title. Coz I noticed that my ipad runs hotter when watching mkv files on apps like o-player or xbmc as compared to watching ipad-formatted files from the built in video app. Will the extra heat generated possibly damage my ipad screen, since the screen surface gets really hot as well?

Thanks for your help!​
  2. Darkstar2007

Darkstar2007 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    I deleted your duplicate thread. Please PM a staff member in the future and ask them to move your thread.

Thank you.
  3. TheRambler

TheRambler Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    I've never noticed a lot of heat generated when I watch Matroska videos through my iPad, have you got it stood up so air can circulate around case, or is it led on bed or something?
  4. mrcupu

mrcupu iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    i always play games everyday until it heats up too so it also worry me but so far no effect on screen i noticed:ipad-keyboard:
  5. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Is your brightness on max?
  6. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,915 / 1
    The iPad is supposed to shut down before the temperature gets high enough to damage components. That feature could fail, of course, but probably not.

This was actually in the media (for about a month) after the first couple of iPad models were released; people complained that their iPads shut down unexpectedly when used outside in direct sunlight, in the summer. I'm guessing it still happens now and then, but the media seems to realize it's not enough of an issue to cover; which is strangely reticent of them.