What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone recommend new ideas for my iPad?

Rich9674

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 now since it first came out and as much as I love it, I'm starting to find myself using it for the same thing every day (checking Facebook, checking Twitter, playing the odd game, reading the odd magazine or book, checking the odd website (eg. Pulse) etc. etc.

Can anyone recommend either an app which they think is worth purchasing or downloading or a website I could visit or just something new to be using the iPad for? I think we are living iin an ever changing world where tech is evloving so quickly, it is easy to take things such as the iPad for granted, where as 10 years ago, it would have seemed like science fiction.

I don't want to get bored of my iPad....please help!!

Thanks. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not try developing your own app?

If you feel like learning how to develop your own apps you can do so for free. Go to iTunes on your iPad, click on 'iTunesU' at the bottom right hand side, select 'Universities and Colleges', then scroll to Stanford. Scroll right through the courses and you'll find a 25 lecture course on programming iPad apps. It's free and, by the end of the course, you'll be able to program some simple apps yourself. It's a great resource from one of the best Universities in the world.

It's now available at

Developing Apps for iOS (HD) - Download free content from Stanford on iTunes

Tim

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find my self using it for more and more things and the laptops in the house arent getting turned on as much. Its *almost* replacing the laptop. There are several great apps out there but it isnt always easy to find them. The iTunes app store isnt very good about helping you find apps. There are some great sites that do review and group them to make it easier to find the good stuff. The other thing is that the tasks you are using it for are good ways to use it. Dont feel liike it has to be in your hands 24/7 or you must be using it all the time to be getting "use" out of it. I felt the same way the first couple days but realized that some downtime is just the way of things. :)

May I suggest:

AppAdvice - iPhone/iPad App News and Reviews

OR

iPad.AppStorm | iPad App Reviews, Roundups & How-Tos

Try those and see if they help.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts