What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anybody help

Glynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anywon tell me how to dowload photos from my pc to my ipad this is all new to me

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a whole host of ways that you can do this - it really depends on how many you have.

If you've just a few, then you can simply email them to yourself and collect them on the iPad.

If you've a large number then either synchronising the iPad with your PC using iTunes or using a third-party app, such as GoodReader.

There is a program that most all iPad users have called GoodReader. It's the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad and it can store files all together and in folders - or however you want them - and can transfer files to and from your PC using either WiFi or USB without the need for iTunes. It's built in web-browser can download files too, something that Safari doesn't offer - except for PDF format. From within GoodReader you can open those files in any app that supports that type of file. Having said that, though, when a compatible app does open that file it makes a local copy that it works on, so the original copy in GoodReader is left untouched. If you want to store the modified file in GoodReader you have to transfer it back there by some means.

GoodReader can also attach several files to an email and then send them using the iPad's native Mail app - something you can't do from within Mail itself. It also gives you the opportunity to annotate PDF files and save the resulting file so that it can be read on a PC or Mac.

A final way is to use the optional camera connection kit, that allows you to download photos directly from your camera or SD card to the iPad.

Tim

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a suggestion,
If you decide to go the iTunes option. Which I did initially
Make sure you tidy up and organize photos into folders ,first before you sync them
Also name your folders.
I find the camera connector is brilliant but saves them in days groups.as in when you downloaded them.
I use lots and lots of photos,,so being orderly is very necessary.
I found some folders had duplicates which I didn't realize till viewing on the iPad.
Duplicate photos of great numbers takes ,both time to load and memory space.
So pre organise then sync with iTunes.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Julie, for that great suggestion. I should definitely have mentioned that....:(

As Julie says, you need to get the organisation of the folders done on the PC before you sync with the PC. Once the folders are on the iPad you cannot add any more folders or delete any existing ones. Similarly you cannot delete accidentally duplicated photos on the iPad either. In both cases you need to re-organise the folders on the PC, delete the duplicate photos and then re-sync. The only photos you can delete on the iPad are those that were not sync'd with the PC - perhaps received by email. Those you can delete on the PC directly, but the others there is no way except via the PC.

Again, thanks Julie, for that great advice.

Tim

William7389

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Transfer 1.5GB fp7 file from PC to IPAD2

Any can assist me on this?

I have a DB.fp7 size about 1.5GB in my Window based PC, how can I transfer this file to my Ipad2.

I have been trying the Dropbox and IDrive, both have limited upload and download limit, Dropbox is only 300MB, IDrive is about 500MB.

Please advise

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any can assist me on this?

I have a DB.fp7 size about 1.5GB in my Window based PC, how can I transfer this file to my Ipad2.

I have been trying the Dropbox and IDrive, both have limited upload and download limit, Dropbox is only 300MB, IDrive is about 500MB.

Please advise

Either iTunes or GoodReader would do this. GoodReader can transfer the file via WiFi without resort to iTunes or via USB using iTunes.

Tim

William7389

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Either iTunes or GoodReader would do this. GoodReader can transfer the file via WiFi without resort to iTunes or via USB using iTunes.

Tim

Thanks Tim, but I try to upload in iTunes, the file format is not under video, photo, music, not under the right category, is in format .fp7 DB file, I tried it but don't work, or maybe I do not know what exactly the steps are, pls advise

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Thanks Tim, but I try to upload in iTunes, the file format is not under video, photo, music, not under the right category, is in format .fp7 DB file, I tried it but don't work, or maybe I do not know what exactly the steps are, pls advise

That's why you need to use GoodReader. I'm not sure what app can open a Filemaker Pro .fp7 format file, but GoodReader would be able to transfer it to your iPad. I'm assuming you have an app that can open this format of file, in which case GoodReader will allow you to open the file in that app.

Tim

Most reactions