1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can a stolen, wiped Ipad be re-registered

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by dragon499, Dec 21, 2011.

1. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    If I lose my ipad, then go to icloud.com and erase all data, can somebody who found or stole it, simply connect it to a MAC or PC running itunes, put the latest ios on it an register it with their itunes account, or does the wipe prevent that? Also, if somebody re-registers the device, can I find them, or am I SOL?
  2. DQ

DQ iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The short answer is yes. I had the bad luck to purchase an iPod touch that someone managed to switch out in a Walmart. I thought I purchased a new 16 gig, but when I got home and opened the packaging someone's used 8 gig model was inside. Unfortunately I didn't notice the switch until I'd already paired it to my itunes account. When I noticed the deception, I had to return the model to Walmart and wait for them to complete an investigation before they would give me the 16 gig I had meant to purchase. They did eventually give me my purchase, but they had to call Apple and try and trace the former owner. Fwiw, I heard it was a Walmart employee doing his own version of upgrading. : /