What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can a micro usb cable be used with an iPad 2 to download files?

Rich in Cal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not want to do something stupid trying to use my laptop to down load files to my iPad 2 using a cable and an adaptor which accepts the micro usb. Seems like it would not do anything bad, but I am completely new to Apple. Thanks

Billbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also new to Apple and would like to down load data from my previous Smart Phone (HTC Touch Pro 2) to my ipad 2. I I am complicating this by wanting to be able to 'index' the files on the ipad 2. I can probably get the data to my PC, but I need guidance getting from my PC to my ipad 2. I can further complicate this by wanting to connect these data files in a hierarchical data base on the ipad. As a side note I would be happy if I could connect these files as threads similiar to this Forum data.

rolledm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can connect it via the included USB cable which attaches to the iPad's 30 pin dock connector. Although if you are looking at dragging and dropping files you're out if luck. iTunes is used to manage the content on iDevices.

Most reactions

Latest posts