What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can a Mac Air Super drive be used with the iPad

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. The USB port on the iPad will not support a disk drive.

-t

EricR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then, is it possible to use the camera adapter to support a sim card to be used as additional storage memory?

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
EricR said:
Then, is it possible to use the camera adapter to support a sim card to be used as additional storage memory?

I think what thewitt was telling us is that even with the USB port, the iPad doesn't have the power out capability to power the SuperDrive. So the two issues are not related (if I understand your question correctly).

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - thewitt means (a) the USB port on the iPad can supply only 10mA as opposed to a 'normal' PC USB port that can supply at least 300mA. In addition, on a non-jailbroken iPad, any storage attached to the USB 'port' on the iPad can only be used for uploading photos. The stock iPad does not have the software drivers to enable any attached storage to be used for 'general' file use.

Tim

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First time anyone ever turned thewitt into twit.... Never heard The Witt either....

A system manager gave me that username 30 years ago.... First initial. Last name.

-t

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
thewitt said:
First time anyone ever turned thewitt into twit.... Never heard The Witt either....

A system manager gave me that username 30 years ago.... First initial. Last name.

-t

Ohhhh! Now I understand... T Hewitt, of course! How S Tupid of me! :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As mentioned, that only works with the iPad's Photo App.

AFAIK the only two external storage options for the iPad (at this time) are AirStash and Seagate's GoFlex Satellite.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
slothead said:
Ohhhh! Now I understand... T Hewitt, of course! How S Tupid of me! :)

I just always thought your name was Steve Lothead :)

-t

Most reactions

Latest posts