What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera....

ohwell8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my 3 for several months now and love it; especially the camera. I've taken some fabulous shots with it. Question is... does anyone know of a digital camera (other than iPad) that is as good and maybe $250 or less? Thanks...

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're in luck! You can get cameras nowadays for even less than $100 that are better than the iPad 3's camera. Any Canon point & shoot over 5 megapixels will fit the bill (I saw one at RadioShack on sale for $59). Best Buy has a ton of cameras that have more than twice the resolution and are well within the price range you're looking for. Look at Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic Lumix brands.

I can personally vouch for the Canon Powershot Elph 110 HS, 16.1 MP (reg price $299, on sale for $199 at BB) and my personal favorite, Nikon Coolpix S8200 16.1 MP (reg $329, on sale for $229 at BB). Both cameras have excellent sensors, white balance, image stabilization and a ton of features, and have produced pics that look absolutely stunning on the iPad 3 which make the iPad's camera pale in comparison.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Phone cameras (especially the iPhone 4S and new iPad) have come a long way; but most point and shoots will still take a better picture. they simply have more room for better optics and sensors.

But do your research. The digital camera market is full of cheap junk. Both of the brands mentioned by 6mildollarman have good reputations for producing good to excellent cameras.

That said, I've also been happy with my iPhone 4 and new iPad cameras.

I break out the DSLR when serious, but the built in features of the iPhone often make better decisions than I do; so I'm likely to snap a few shots with the iPhone too, just in case.

OP
O

ohwell8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both... I have an old Canon now but technology wise, I'm sure it's way behind...

Most reactions