What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera/USB adapter question

jabby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have to copy the photos to the internal iPad memory or can the photos be displayed directly from the camera sd card?<br><br>Thanks<br>

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have to copy the photos to the internal iPad memory or can the photos be displayed directly from the camera sd card?<br><br>Thanks<br>

When you connect the Camera Connection Kit (CCK), with the data card in it, to the iPad, the Photos app should open. It will display all the photos on the card and you will have an option to transfer some or all photos to the iPad.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
J

jabby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you connect the Camera Connection Kit (CCK), with the data card in it, to the iPad, the Photos app should open. It will display all the photos on the card and you will have an option to transfer some or all photos to the iPad.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

Thanks for the info. I ordered an iPad Mini with a CCK to aid my photography hobby. What I want to be able to do is look at my recent photos, in the field, and re-shoot if needed. I would like to view them directly from the camera without transferring them to the Mini.

The CCK is called a OTG adapter in the Android world. When I connect my camera's SD card to my 1.5 pound Android tablet I am able to view, manipulate and delete any photo without having to put the photos on the tablet. I hope I can do this on the Mini and pare down my camera kit by a pound. I hope, I hope, I hope!

Regards - John

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed, it simply doesn't work like that on iOS (if I understand what is is you are trying to do correctly) :(

You need to transfer the photos onto the device. Then you can view / edit them on the iPad. But you don't get to edit them on the camera / card "live", nor do you get to sync the changes back onto the camera / card once you are done with any edits on the iPad.

Here is the official Apple article on what the CCK allows on a stock Apple device - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4101

Last edited:
OP
J

jabby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the official Apple article on what the CCK allows on a stock Apple device -
Thanks for the link/

As they say, you can't win them all. But winning one once and awhile would be nice.

Regards - John

Most reactions

Latest posts