1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Camera still not working

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Suitcase, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Suitcase

Suitcase iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are there any new ideas on getting the camera working? I have the iPad 2, 5.1 version. the camera shutter doesn't open. When I open the FaceTime app the camera works. Also, the phone booth app has a bug that causes the curtain to open
    and close over and over. Any ideas?
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    My idea is it would be a good idea to take it in to an Apple store. I'm assuming you've done things like powering the iPad on/off and stuff like that.
  3. Suitcase

Suitcase iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I've done all that, just thought there may be some other way to fix it. I fear it will be cost prohibitive. Plus, the nearest store is 70 miles away. Thanks.
  4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    It's likely a software problem. I doubt there will be a cost involved. The camera works in other applications.

Also, please don't make multiple posts on the same topic or issue. It seems you have two others on this very topic.