What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Roll

Ccash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I take a photo, it goes into a Camera Roll Album. How do you get it out of the Camera Roll Album into another Album?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adjustments

You can also back them up to iPhoto and manage albums. in IOS 5 you can take a picture with your iPhone or iPad and the Photo stream will transfer them immediately to your iPhoto 11.

Last edited:

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I take a photo, it goes into a Camera Roll Album. How do you get it out of the Camera Roll Album into another Album?

I am not sure whether this is what you want, but with iOS 5 you can create folders in the Photos app and organise your photos that way.

hilsroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you can create photo albums with the new version of the operating system. But you can only edit albums on the ipad that you have created on the ipad. Any albums created by a different source (eg PC) can only be edited there, even though you can sync them so that they can be viewed on your ipad. At least that's my understanding....unless anyone knows different???

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aren't those old answers? Now any photo you take goes to the camera roll and photo stream. Your iCloud account will sync that pic with all of your I devices and your PC. I've just now got everything working on photo stream and it's cool.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have updated to IOS 5 go into the photo app and tap on albums then edit. New album will pop up on the left hand side. Input the name of the album and then start adding photos from the camera roll. Be aware that all the photos will remain on the camera roll though. You are just making duplicates for the albums.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have updated to IOS 5 go into the photo app and tap on albums then edit. New album will pop up on the left hand side. Input the name of the album and then start adding photos from the camera roll. Be aware that all the photos will remain on the camera roll though. You are just making duplicates for the albums.

I don't think that a duplicate is created, just a link (shortcut) so that not much extra storage space is used.

Frankly, I don't regard the iPad storage as a serious option for storing and organizing photos for a number of reasons. I keep my photos (80 GB) on a NAS and access them via FileBrowser. I am looking at the Seagate GoFlex WiFi HDD as a more portable option.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
RAC said:
I don't think that a duplicate is created, just a link (shortcut) so that not much extra storage space is used.

Frankly, I don't regard the iPad storage as a serious option for storing and organizing photos for a number of reasons. I keep my photos (80 GB) on a NAS and access them via FileBrowser. I am looking at the Seagate GoFlex WiFi HDD as a more portable option.

You are most probably right, I'm not up on the technical side of what is really happening behind the scenes.

VTom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I got an iPad II yesterday and have been playing around. I looked here for an answer to my question and have not quite found the answer.

Is there any way to actually have the photos in an album apart from Camera Roll? Ie: I setup some albums within the Photo App and copied some pictures there. If I delete the copied pictures in the Camera roll it deletes all of them (supporting that the albums in the Photo App only link to the pictures.) I'd like to have pictures elsewhere separte from the film roll. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Tom

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, not in the way you describe.

You can sync with iTunes and have albums separate from the Photo Roll, but then those pictures are not editable on the iPad (you'd have to re-sync with iTunes to manipulate them). So, you can't move them around within the iPad - only with iTunes.

Sorry.

Marilyn

P.S. And where are my manners?! Welcome to the forum and it's good to "see" you. Hope you enjoy your visit(s).

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tom and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts