What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera not working!

NKromberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update

I tried the reset. The camera still does not work. I am going to stop by an Apple Store later today to see what they will do. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

NKromberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the reset and the camera application still does now work. I tried the Facetime application and the front camera does come on. Does this help with additional information? Also, I can not get the video portion of the camera application to work.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NKromberg said:
I tried the reset. The camera still does not work. I am going to stop by an Apple Store later today to see what they will do. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Sorry no more thoughts here. Do a back up before you go to the apple store today, they will probably just swap it out.

NKromberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did go by the Apple Store last night. The camera seemed to be working when I was at the store. Later on the forward facing camera is acting up differently. It seems to be going on and off. So, I am going to make another trip to the Apple store. I will keep an update here in case other people have the issue.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's just never ending for you. Can I ask what Apple said to you? It's all very strange what is happening. That would be great if you could keep us updated on this. All the best!

Ronfromcocoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in Thailand and having the same IDENTICAL problem. If I squeeze the screen on both sides of the ipad the camera might pop up and work for an hour or so or even a day but the next time when I really want it, boom, no camera. Went to the Apple ipad store here in Korat Thailand and they did all they could, rebooted. loaded unloaded, but refused to replace it no matter how hard I tried and I was overly nice to them as I always am to everyone. They told me to go to a store in Bangkok and guess what , cannot get to Bangkok as it is flooded out now what.?:( If I send it back to states it will be a hundred dollars there and back. """???????

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ronfromcocoa said:
I am in Thailand and having the same IDENTICAL problem. If I squeeze the screen on both sides of the ipad the camera might pop up and work for an hour or so or even a day but the next time when I really want it, boom, no camera. Went to the Apple ipad store here in Korat Thailand and they did all they could, rebooted. loaded unloaded, but refused to replace it no matter how hard I tried and I was overly nice to them as I always am to everyone. They told me to go to a store in Bangkok and guess what , cannot get to Bangkok as it is flooded out now what.?:( If I send it back to states it will be a hundred dollars there and back. """???????

Oh my. Was it an actual Apple store that you went to in Korat. What reason did they give you for not replacing it. Is it to do with where you bought it? That really isn't good enough though. I have seen the flooding in Thailand on TV. Even if you do send it to the USA how long would that take to get one back? I would be getting in touch with Apple through the net. Sorry but I don't know an address. I hope someone else chimes in here who may know something.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your camera issue. I agree with leelai, I'd get in touch with Apple to get it resolved...and hopefully replaced.

Apple - Support - Contact Support

Contacting Apple for support and service

Thailand: 001800 4412904 or Apple -

Also, here's my answer to your thread regarding posts (although it looks like you figured it out)...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/53238-user-friendly.html#post364638

NKromberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: I did the hard reset a couple of times. Now the camera has worked several days in a row. I will continue to try and monitor to see if the issue happens again.

galluskenny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HELP! The Pad is 2 days old and now the camera has decided to qut. It works on Facetime but not regular camera or Photo Booth apps. I've tried resetting and double clicking the home button to 'minus' the offending apps. I haven't reset the iPad because it costs £700 and should not break after 2 days. Is there anything else I can try? If it's a case of resetting then the things being returned, it's a waste of money otherwise.
Any clues would be MUCH appreciated =O)

galluskenny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so as far as I can tell the simple answer is that the camera doesn't work on the iPad2, yea? I wish it had said that on the box, it would have saved me some time.

Suitcase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My camera quit too so I was searching the forum and found this thread. I didn't know about powering down the device. I tried everything but no good. It worked with face time. So I opened photo booth. It was acting crazy with the curtain opening and closing over and over. So I held the power and home button till the white apple came on. I waited till the opening screen came back on and turned it back on. Opened the camera app and everything works fine. Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

Suitcase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check that! I just went back to use it and now phone booth, face time, nor the camera is working.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check that! I just went back to use it and now phone booth, face time, nor the camera is working.

Is your phone still under warranty? You may want to take it to a Apple store to have it checked out. If it is, in fact, a hardware issue and the warranty is still in effect, you will receive a replacement iPad at no cost. Make sure to do a full backup of your iPad before going. You can set up the replacement iPad from the backup you made.

If the warranty is expired and the iPad requires repair, the cost is about half the cost of a new iPad.

If the problem is not hardware related, after all, the techs at the Apple store may be able to help you solve the problem.

Suitcase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I posted about this too. I found the phone booth app is screwed up. I don't know if this is causing my camera malfunction or not.
The aperture doesn't open on mine. The curtain in phone booth opens and closes continually. I'm sure they are linked.

Most reactions

Latest posts