What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera not so bad

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here r some photos I took today. Oops won't upload sorry

Last edited:

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, not so bad compared to what?? (maybe compared to a pinhole camera)

I'm still waiting on my ipad, but I've used my bosses a ton & the camera pics are atrocious......

~John

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, not so bad compared to what?? (maybe compared to a pinhole camera)

I'm still waiting on my ipad, but I've used my bosses a ton & the camera pics are atrocious......

~John

The Ipad's resolution is geared towards 720p video which needs about 1.9 megapixel per frame. Many small HD cameras like the Flip UltraHd are only 1.6 megapixels. This is fine for video but can't compare to the 5 megapixel camera in the iPhone 4 when it comes to shooting stills.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's one I took a few days ago. Posted it in another thread on the same subject. No extra lighting. Overcast day. Though it's really nothing to talk about, I'm happy this camera is on my iPad 2. Comes in real handy at times.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-120241536.png
    image-120241536.png
    652.6 KB · Views: 262

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have to say, I am impressed with the camera. And to get a full screen shot appear on your iPad in an instant is a blast!

I am sure any photographer, professional or amateur, would disagree, but for me it's a fun addition to the iPad 2.

Here's a snap I took of my friend's cute pooch's in his garden last week. I have no issue with the quality at all.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-2011705817.png
    image-2011705817.png
    995.1 KB · Views: 293

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richrocks said:
Have to say, I am impressed with the camera. And to get a full screen shot appear on your iPad in an instant is a blast!

I am sure any photographer, professional or amateur, would disagree, but for me it's a fun addition to the iPad 2.

Here's a snap I took of my friend's cute pooch's in his garden last week. I have no issue with the quality at all.

That's a great shot. They're so cute!

I'm a photographer and I always tell people: Your best camera is the one you use the most. Your most effective camera is the one you have in your hand at the moment.

Some of the best photos in the world were taken on worse cameras than that of the iPad 2. My take on it is: why all the fuss? I, for one, am happy there's SOME kind of camera on it, now that I realize just how convenient it's become. :)

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Michael, you're right, it's just fun to have on the iPad. There's always fuss out there when it comes to Apple products isn't there?

Ok, it's not the most convenient thing to pull out to take a photo, but it's there if you want it and it was fun in my friends garden to do just that.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richrocks said:
Yes Michael, you're right, it's just fun to have on the iPad. There's always fuss out there when it comes to Apple products isn't there?

Ok, it's not the most convenient thing to pull out to take a photo, but it's there if you want it and it was fun in my friends garden to do just that.

Second only to the Flash / Android tablet spats I've seen in some threads, the camera is a hot button subject for some folks. Sure, we're all a little surprised Apple didn't put in a higher quality set of cameras, but really...they do what they're supposed to do: take decent videos and be convenient for basic stills, nothing more, nothing less.

Like you I'm having some fun with the cams myself, even though I don't know anyone else who does this FaceTime stuff. So I'll spend a couple of minutes goofing off with the Photo Booth app. 

Most reactions

Latest posts