What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera not functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuno86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a brand new iPad 3. Shiny and new the camera on the back doesn't work. I'm hoping to find a solution rather than getting it refunded, but it's what I'll have to do if I can't get it to work within the first few days.

The inward camera works properly, but the outwards camera shows the shutter (the graphic that shows just as you take a photo)

What others have suggested and I've tried:

*No, nothing is blocking the camera, I even removed the protective case to make sure it didn't interfere.

*I've double clicked the home menu to open the bar with all the open programs, clicked and held till they jiggle and turned them all of (including the camera app).

*I've rebooted the iPad (click and hold home and the power button until a slider appears, the you get the apple logo)

*Reset all system settings

Any other ideas I can try out?

And does anyone know how to contact Apple by email or similar? I can only find phone, I'd much rather send them an email.

Suitcase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, here it is over a year later and I see no one has addressed your, and my, problem. I'm glad I saw this post because I was considering a iPad 3, however, now I've decided not. With the lack of Apple's interest in fixing this obvious malfunction I'm not at all interested in purchasing any more Apple products. Yeah, I know that will really upset them.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for adding your post here, however, as you say-this post is 1-year old.

We will now close this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts