Camera not functioning

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Zuno86, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuno86

Zuno86 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got a brand new iPad 3. Shiny and new the camera on the back doesn't work. I'm hoping to find a solution rather than getting it refunded, but it's what I'll have to do if I can't get it to work within the first few days.

The inward camera works properly, but the outwards camera shows the shutter (the graphic that shows just as you take a photo)

What others have suggested and I've tried:

*No, nothing is blocking the camera, I even removed the protective case to make sure it didn't interfere.

*I've double clicked the home menu to open the bar with all the open programs, clicked and held till they jiggle and turned them all of (including the camera app).

*I've rebooted the iPad (click and hold home and the power button until a slider appears, the you get the apple logo)

*Reset all system settings

Any other ideas I can try out?

And does anyone know how to contact Apple by email or similar? I can only find phone, I'd much rather send them an email.
  2. Suitcase

Suitcase iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, here it is over a year later and I see no one has addressed your, and my, problem. I'm glad I saw this post because I was considering a iPad 3, however, now I've decided not. With the lack of Apple's interest in fixing this obvious malfunction I'm not at all interested in purchasing any more Apple products. Yeah, I know that will really upset them.
  3. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,188 / 1
    Thanks for adding your post here, however, as you say-this post is 1-year old.

We will now close this thread. Thanks for your understanding.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.