What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Kit not recognized?

kdryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I got the little Camera Connection Kit so I could use another SD card as a drive, but whenever I plug it into the iPad I get nothing. One time, I did get a message saying it's a device Apple does not recognize. My goal is to have some movies on an SD card so I can watch without taking up space on my iPad.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There have been instances of people managing to get this to work, but it is rare. The iPad does not supply enough power to the SD card.

Try more cards, and if you happen to find one that works, guard it with your life.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have and iPad3 and the Camera Connection Kit, and I can copy movies that are in a format that is compatible with VLC and OPlayer, to my SD card and using the CCK and the iFile app, I can play movies easily. The iPad has more than enough power to power most any SD card, I've used several different SD cars from ScanDisk and PNY, and they all work fine. Forgot to mention, you must be Jailbroken and purchase iFile from Cydia.

Last edited:

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the CCK tonight at bestbuy, the guy told me it would work with any camera/camcorder both usb or sd, well he was wrong, the card reader works fine with my sd card, but the usb tells me there is not enough power. Why are they even selling these if the ipad cannot run them? $30 and can only use part of it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the CCK tonight at bestbuy, the guy told me it would work with any camera/camcorder both usb or sd, well he was wrong, the card reader works fine with my sd card, but the usb tells me there is not enough power. Why are they even selling these if the ipad cannot run them? $30 and can only use part of it.Sent from my iPad using iPF
The CCK USB was intended to work with a cameras USB ports only. It will work some other devices that are self powered or very low powered, such as microphones, etc.

DenAtTheDBM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, as far as camera compatibility goes, if it says it is not supported, check the cameras settings for anything with PTP in it. For example my Canon Rebel XT, it said it was not supported but I found a setting that I could change to "Print/PTP" and then it worked - after rebooting the iPad.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it was a digital camcorder i tried hooking up with usb, I will go thru the settings and see if I can find anything, thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

romeosc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must put a folder named DCIM In root directory

Any .jpeg or .mp4 will be available to import!

Kelabyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought one of them a couple of days ago and I made it recognize my external HUD and keyboard

Kelabyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kdryan said:
Ok, so I got the little Camera Connection Kit so I could use another SD card as a drive, but whenever I plug it into the iPad I get nothing. One time, I did get a message saying it's a device Apple does not recognize. My goal is to have some movies on an SD card so I can watch without taking up space on my iPad.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

You can put movies/videos on your sd card but when you connect it to ur iPad you have to sync it to photo album before you can watch it

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I just decided to use it for transferring pictures. Less headache.

Most reactions

Latest posts