What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera iPad 2 not working after update to iOS5?

Kazza15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to use camera and not working - can only think it occurred after upgrading to iOS5 - anyone else have same issue? If so any solutions?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi kazza! Welcome to the forum!!

Sometimes when apps go funky like that, it is always good to try to force the apps to shut down. You can do this by hitting the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. Long press the app in question until it jiggles than press the red circle with the negative sign. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it the front or back camera? Using a specific app? Like skype or face time? Or just taking picture? There has been other threads that mention camera issues. Perhaps you can do a search to see.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kazza15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's both - shutter there but camera button grey not black - did get it black once and hit it but nothing happened with shutter - haven't tried skype but will later - will also check threads. Thanks Skimonkey.

UncleJBrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera (back) suddenly stopped working....

Hi Kazza15,
I am having the same problem of my iPad2 camera not working.... Were you able to find a solution???

csllanna

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Kazza15,
I am having the same problem of my iPad2 camera not working.... Were you able to find a solution???

Good day to you, I faced this problem once when I brought the iPad to local Malaysia fun park a few months ago.

I still remember that day I need to take a lot pictures for my daughter and her friends. But my iPad camera just couldn't worked well.

As a result, I need to reset the iPad like Skimonkey suggested:
1) Begin by pressing the hold and home buttons at the same time. The hold button is the one on the top right corner of the iPad. The home button is the round one at the bottom center of the iPad's front,

2) Continue to hold these buttons until one of two things happen: either the screen will flash and go dark, or a red slider will appear at the top of the screen,

3) If the slider appears, you can slide it to the right to turn off the iPad (or tap the cancel button if you change your mind),

4) When the iPad's screen goes dark, the iPad is off,

5) Restart the iPad by holding down the Hold button until the Apple icon appears. Let go of the buttons and the iPad reset will be complete.

I have to try this a few times during that day, and it did work well then. Please try it.

Source of document:
How to Reset iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts