What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Icon In Corner of Screen

jim dandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a camera icon in the bottom right corner of the iPad Air screen that is before the lock code screen. I have the latest operating system update. I want to remove this icon, how do I do that?

Thanks.......

AdenOniPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is just the lock screen camera. It cannot be removed and comes with all devices running iOS 7 and 8, it is useful though! Hold it and swipe it up to access the camera from the lock screen.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a camera icon in the bottom right corner of the iPad Air screen that is before the lock code screen. I have the latest operating system update. I want to remove this icon, how do I do that?

Thanks.......
This is intended a a quick way of accessing the camera while the iPad is locked and, as pointed out, there is no way to remove it from the lock screen. There may be a way of removing the icon with a jailbroken device, but I'm not familiar enough with Jailbreaking to know for sure.

AdenOniPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please note that jailbreaking your device voids the warranty. I don't recommend doing it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please note that jailbreaking your device voids the warranty. I don't recommend doing it.
Yes it does, but all you have to do is remove the jailbreak before taking it in for warranty service.

Last edited:
OP
J

jim dandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is intended a a quick way of accessing the camera while the iPad is locked and, as pointed out, there is no way to remove it from the lock screen. There may be a way of removing the icon with a jailbroken device, but I'm not familiar enough with Jailbreaking to know for sure.

This camera icon is there but does not work by tapping, pressing or dragging it. I never noticed it before? I don't want it to work anyway. Why would a system function or feature be allowed by bypassing the lock screen?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This camera icon is there but does not work by tapping, pressing or dragging it. I never noticed it before? I don't want it to work anyway. Why would a system function or feature be allowed by bypassing the lock screen?

People want quick access to the camera if a picture opportunity presents itself at short notice. When opened from the Lock Screen, you cannot access the Camera Roll to look at previously taken photos or videos, and exiting will take you right back to the Lock Screen when you're done.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To access the camera from the lockscreen, you're supposed to swipe up on the camera icon on the lock screen. The camera app should open.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks.......
Set it on the settings of your lockscreen. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts