Camera Connectors

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by jaybrass73, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jaybrass73

jaybrass73 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just purchased camera connectors from Apple Store in The Bullring, Birmingham. Have yet to try out but am looking forward to importing the pics/videos from memory cards around the house!

2. heynewbomb

heynewbomb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They work great. Just put in your card or hook up your cam and they appear ready to import.

3. mobi

mobi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has been plug and play for me as well ;)

4. efrenaco

efrenaco iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Using the camera connection kit I have successfully mounted falshdrives and a self-powered mass storage device to my iPad, which is incredibly useful for me, but I would love to mount the iPhone to my iPad using the kit, so I could transfer big files by being both devices wired. Is that even possible? I would also like to download torrents on my iPad but c-torrent does not find any seeds and I can't fix it through the router settings.

5. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Don't forget to try out some of the photography apps such as Filterstorm, PhotoFX and Retouch. I surprised by how powerful they are. Beats the manic clicking in photoshop....

6. brianmackey

brianmackey iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you saying

I can use the camera connector kit to hook up and external USB HD or Card reader for compact flash cards, and or flash drives?

7. o2sys

o2sys iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes you can but you need to jailbreak your ipad first and use iFile (jailbreak app)

8. Mgtraveler

Mgtraveler iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iPad won't connect to My SLR with CF card

I decided not to take my laptop on vacation with me thinking I could download pictures from my first gen digital SLR compact flash via the USB. I should have tested the iPad interface before I left. I get a message saying it's not compatible. As I surfed the net searching for answers I find that since the December 2010 system update. Compact flash is no longer compatible with iPad. My pocket sized pentax with the SD card works fine. Thank goodness I brought my pocket camera. But I prefer to use my DSLR. Here I am in Istanbul with Hungary and Italy ahead and If I want to use my DSLR have to go out and buy a handful of CF cards and preview the pics on the camera. Otherwise it's worthless bulk and weight I have to deal with.

Hey Apple WTF!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas?

9. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I am not sure, what the exact cause of the iPads refusal is. But you might want to consider to go to a bar, or another place with public computers and either save the images from your DSLR to SD cards, or on a flash drive. You even should be able to transfer images from one camera to the other directly and then connect the compact camera to your iPad.

This is not a straightforward solution, however it will work.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  10. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    CF cards are not the only ones that were left out in the dust after the 4.2 installation. My Memory Stick adapter that I used to plug with the USB adapter will not work anymore and I've transferred many pictures with it before. Now it says "Device draws too much power". WTF? Now I have to carry the camera's transfer cord along for the ride. At least that works...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

11. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Actually the original OS is also not compatible with any device that requires too much current to operate. I have two different CF cards. One works just fine, but a newer high speed (and higher operating current) CF card gets the "too much power" error message.

I plan to take a Netbook with me to Europe in June. No such limitations for it.

12. landyman

landyman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bt gps

I have connected a small bluetooth GPS to the camera dock and it seems to be able to power this,not sure if it's charging the batt but power led is on.

Steve B