What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connector not recognised by iPad2 running iOS8

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Just discovered a problem, I have a genuine Apple iPad Camera kit to transfer digital images from my Camera.

In the past it has always worked faultlessly although I had not used it for some time. Now when I try to plug it in I get a message the the device is not compatible, is this a known issue under iOS8 or is their a fix.

Or is this another paid for item that Apple has decided we can no longer use.

Thanks for any help with this.

Paul

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just discovered a problem, I have a genuine Apple iPad Camera kit to transfer digital images from my Camera.

In the past it has always worked faultlessly although I had not used it for some time. Now when I try to plug it in I get a message the the device is not compatible, is this a known issue under iOS8 or is their a fix.

Or is this another paid for item that Apple has decided we can no longer use.

Hi Paul - since you posted in the iPad 2 forum, I assume that you have the old 30-pin CCK shown below - I've owned that since 2011 but switch to an iPad Air 2 in December and sold my old device, so the kit is just collecting dust at the moment.

I would first suggest that you 'Reset' your iPad 2 (i.e. hold down both HOME & ON-OFF buttons until the Apple logo appears, release and let the device reboot) - try again; also, if you have a family member or friend w/ an older iPad, have you tried it out on their machines?

If still unsuccessful (and assuming that you don't want to buy a new one?), have you tried attaching your camera w/ the cabled adapter? Also, there are some 'wireless' options - one that I've used is the AirStash but others are available. In addition, there are SD cards (Eye-Fi) that can communicate via a Wi-Fi network. Finally, I just bought a new Panasonic Lumix camera w/ built-in Wi-Fi, so don't need a 'new' CCK for my lightning iPad Air 2. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 5.29.18 PM copy.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 4.54.39 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the reply

Yes I am still slogging on with the old iPad 2, even though Apple tried to kill it with iOS8 and will probably succeed with iOS9.

I have tried resetting without any luck.

Thanks for the tip regarding the wifi option which I had forgotten about, even though I also use LUMIX cameras, just tried it and it worked fine so will not need the camera connecter now I have found that option.

Thanks again for your help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've used the camera connection kit on my iPad 2 which is on iOS 8.3, without any problems. Dave's suggestions should help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've used the camera connection kit on my iPad 2 which is on iOS 8.3, without any problems. Dave's suggestions should help.

Hi again Paul - glad that the other connector worked for you! Agree w/ Scifan.. above, i.e. I had also upgraded my iPad 2 late last year to iOS 8.3 and the CCK still worked, so not sure why yours is not, sorry? Dave :)

Most reactions