What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connector kit

Mrsbrommers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have lost the clear guard that goes on to protect the plug *sob* does anyone know if I can get another from somewhere??

Attachments

• image-1866133491.png
    image-1866133491.png
    479.9 KB · Views: 241

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have an Apple Store locally, I'd probably make a visit w/ the 'unprotected' camera connection device and ask if they might sell or even give you one, if available - probably your least expensive option?

Obviously, you can search online - there appear to be plenty of repair places for Apple products, such as THIS ONE, but whether that particular item would be available might be doubtful - you could contact them and ask? But if available online and adding in S/H, the cost might seem a little pricey?

Good luck in your quest and hope others may have a better solution - :)

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you could just put it in a tiny ziplock and not worry about it.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I threw away those little buggers the day the connectors arrived, use them every other day, and have never had an issue. I would not worry about it.

-t

OP
M

Mrsbrommers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses, I'm heading to Liverpool with the kids during the summer holidays (forbidden planet) so will pop in apple store then. It's just Thayer I take them camping with me and don't want to get sand or anything caught up in them, mind you if the weathers been anything like it was today beaches and camping might be a frightful bit optimistic!!!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are counting on those plastic sleeves to protect against dirt you are only looking at help the problem. The sockets are more likely to get fouled with sand than the male pins...

Keep the connectors in a ziplock LY other dirt and water proof case and you will be tine. Those little sleeves really don't do anything interesting.

-t

Most reactions

Latest posts