1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Camera connector kit

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mrsbrommers, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Mrsbrommers

Mrsbrommers iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, I have lost the clear guard that goes on to protect the plug *sob* does anyone know if I can get another from somewhere??

Attached Files:

2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    If you have an Apple Store locally, I'd probably make a visit w/ the 'unprotected' camera connection device and ask if they might sell or even give you one, if available - probably your least expensive option?

Obviously, you can search online - there appear to be plenty of repair places for Apple products, such as THIS ONE, but whether that particular item would be available might be doubtful - you could contact them and ask? But if available online and adding in S/H, the cost might seem a little pricey?

Good luck in your quest and hope others may have a better solution - :)
  3. Plainsman

Plainsman iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Or you could just put it in a tiny ziplock and not worry about it.
  4. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    I threw away those little buggers the day the connectors arrived, use them every other day, and have never had an issue. I would not worry about it.

-t
  5. Mrsbrommers

Mrsbrommers iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your responses, I'm heading to Liverpool with the kids during the summer holidays (forbidden planet) so will pop in apple store then. It's just Thayer I take them camping with me and don't want to get sand or anything caught up in them, mind you if the weathers been anything like it was today beaches and camping might be a frightful bit optimistic!!!
  6. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    If you are counting on those plastic sleeves to protect against dirt you are only looking at help the problem. The sockets are more likely to get fouled with sand than the male pins...

Keep the connectors in a ziplock LY other dirt and water proof case and you will be tine. Those little sleeves really don't do anything interesting.

-t