What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called and had the cameral connection kit added to my ipad order. It only save $4, but they are suppose to come at the same time.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added mine to. My order says ship Late in April. It will save $4.00 shipping if you add to exhisting order.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the Apple site, they claim that the kit will open up iPhoto when connected. I have to wonder if they may have a block on using the kit to download anything but the supported files. Theoretically, the USB port could be used to hook up a hard drive or other device. Somehow I suspect that the CCK is not going to be as handy as everyone would like. I also suspect that eventually a fix will make it work like people want.

pogo1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera connection kit available on Apple's website

I was able to order the camera connection kit yesterday morning with and estimated ship date at the end of April.

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
What will you be doing with the camera connection kit? The reason I ask is that I get the impression it will be a lot easier to move this via mobile me.
Good point, but think about it...if you're a photographer can you can show your clients the pictures you just shot on the gorgeous iPad screen without having to go to a computer...and navigating through the pictures would be a breeze...I can definately see it being used in an application like that.

kah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What will you be doing with the camera connection kit? The reason I ask is that I get the impression it will be a lot easier to move this via mobile me.
...think about it...if you're a photographer can you can show your clients the pictures you just shot on the gorgeous iPad screen without having to go to a computer...

Exactly! I plan to use this when I have no computer, just the camera & iPad. Once I have the photos on the iPad then they can go to mobileME (not the other way 'round).

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. My WiFi iPad already shipped from China, but the iPad case had not shipped yet, so I was able to add the camera kit to my order and still save on shipping. They said the case would ship by Saturday, but the camera kit won't be shipping until late April.

rho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is probably totally obvious to everyone but me - but with your USB port could you upload from a Flip camera too?

Most reactions

Latest posts