What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had been regularly checking for the camera connection kit on the Apple site--now it seems to have disappeared. I really want to order it. Anyone know anything about it?

OP
Gayle

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you--I first saw it on the accessories when I ordered my iPad. They have taken it off of the list there. Will check regularly for availibility.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What will you be doing with the camera connection kit? The reason I ask is that I get the impression it will be a lot easier to move this via mobile me.

OP
Gayle

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I am new to this, what is mobile me? :)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What will you be doing with the camera connection kit? The reason I ask is that I get the impression it will be a lot easier to move this via mobile me.

I don't think people want it for pics taken on an iphone..mobile me is not really a solution for a 12MP SLR with files being over 20MB each...which is more convenient, take out SD card plug into computer, upload to cloud, download to iPad or just plug SD card into iPad.

MobileMe is Apple's cloud based storage and data back up system btw....

zenk71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Video

Is there going to be a version of iMovie for iPad? It seems like it has all the necessary support for a lighter version.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there going to be a version of iMovie for iPad? It seems like it has all the necessary support for a lighter version.

I don't see why there wouldn't be....hopefully they are just working on converting the iLife apps over....I still find it odd that they are flagshipping with iWork....seems like a media device would fare better with iMovie and iWeb than spreadsheets and word docs. But I'm sure it's on the way. I would love a simple video editor on the device...I think it would actually be really nice for professionals as well as amateurs. I could convert to a nice small version then do a rough cut on the iPad to get a basic idea of where to go then jump on FCP and do it for real. Does iMovie display proper timecode?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Stand

I don't think people want it for pics taken on an iphone..mobile me is not really a solution for a 12MP SLR with files being over 20MB each...which is more convenient, take out SD card plug into computer, upload to cloud, download to iPad or just plug SD card into iPad.

MobileMe is Apple's cloud based storage and data back up system btw....

we are preparing a stand with Camera & SD card connection , because we believe many people will want this possibilities

Swivel%20Dock%20v6%20Front%20View%20with%20iPad%20Vertical.jpg

some other usefull function will be also include in this stand

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ IpadOne: That stand has a lot of potential. Are you planning on doing a version with compact flash instead of SD? I know those of us with CF cameras would appreciate it :).

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Stand

@ IpadOne: That stand has a lot of potential. Are you planning on doing a version with compact flash instead of SD? I know those of us with CF cameras would appreciate it :).

This is in the plan, include Micro SD yet we are making 6 different stand based on the user needing ... and we know Compact Flash is a big needing

dgarcia26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I LOVE this new accessory!! I'm so glad I didn't get the Iphone yet. I don't talk on my phone that much, but I really wanted to have internet whenever I needed it. I am definitely getting the 64GB Ipad 3G. this is perfect for what I need. I'm also quite a big photography lover and can't wait for this stand. I've read a lot of blogs and reports of how the poopoo'ers have trash talked that it won't have a USB port. this should shut them up. I agree that all the negative feedback is from the techy people who want more of a computer, and are missing the true use of this Ipad. I don't have an Ipod, or Iphone. this will do it all for me and I love the photo album pinch and preview. I am 45 yrs old and will LOVE to be able to surf the web while waiting inbetween soccer games. Or being able to scrapbook digitally online while away from home, or watch movies on a HUGE screen!! The Ipad is perfect for the 90% of the world who are like me, and just want an easy way to stay connected to the web, family and freinds. It will be perfect for my mother, and keep children entertained. I can't say enough about it and am chomping at the bit to get one.

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heck, just make it a multi-card reader, that'll make everyone happy . . .
. . . as I use SDHC,CF and even memory stick!

Billcoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SD Card/USB Adapter

I am wondering if an SD Card/USB Adapter connected to the iPad through a Female/Female USB Adapter to the Dock Connector USB Cable would work.

Most reactions

Latest posts