What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connection kit with 4.3 (8F191) after Jailbreakme

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone positive results with connecting a hyperdrive or even using the camera connection kit by the 4.3 jailbroken ipad 2 model? I don't get any response while connecting..can the essential upgrade fix from cydia be applied here? I am thinking of upgrading to 4.3.3 as the matter really bothers me. Is it possible with shift and restore? or do i go up to 4.3.4 automatically? Thank you

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if running the essential fix can be done by an iPad with 4.3. In fact, I don't know if it's even available to that version ... did you try going to Cydia and see? If it's possible, it should show up automatically. If it doesn't/hasn't - it won't apply to your version...

As far as I know, Comex only "repaired" the CCK issue with the JailbreakMe 3.0 (that's for iOS 4.3.3).

So, your best bet [to get the CCK running properly] would be to upgrade to 4.3.3. However, that's only possible if, and only if, you've saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3. If you haven't, this discussion is over (cause you can't upgrade the iPad2 to anything but 4.3.4 without 'em).

So, I'll assume you have 4.3.3 SHSH blobs...

My first suggestion would be to ensure you've run a complete backup first, both in iTunes for the App Store stuff and then something like PKGBackup for Cydia tweaks and Settings.

The easiest way to restore/jail break is to (1) restore the iPad2 to iOS 4.3.4 (just select restore in iTunes, follow the directions ... wait ... then select "restore from backup") and then (2) follow the steps here: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...815-how-downgrade-your-ipad-ios-firmware.html

(3) Once you are on iOS 4.3.3, go to JailbreakMe.com (via the iPad's stock Safari app) and press the free button ... press the install button ... watch Cydia load. Done!

Hope that helps - let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Marilyn, you are absolutely spot on for the first part, but I have to say I don't think it is at all necessary to go to 4.3.4 as an interim step?
If blobs exist and can be used with TU or directing hosts to Cydia, simply restore to 4.3.3 using them, then re-jailbreak using jailbreakme.com.
I can't see why you would risk going to 4.3.4 then downgrade back down to 4.3.3 when the owner is at 4.3 today? The downgrade is an additional, unnecessary, and potentially risky step ;)

Am I missing something? :)

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope - the odds are pretty good (I'd say 100%) that you're right, f4780y. My excuse/reason is the old "I thought I read, somewhere, that you had to go up to go down" one.

I bow to your experience and add a thank you (!) for the correction/edjumakashun - I'll change my notes...

mindovermedia ... what he said. :D

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Nope - the odds are pretty good (I'd say 100%) that you're right, f4780y. My excuse/reason is the old "I thought I read, somewhere, that you had to go up to go down" one.

I bow to your experience and add a thank you (!) for the correction/edjumakashun - I'll change my notes...

mindovermedia ... what he said. :D

Marilyn

Jolly good. Just checkin' :)

No you don't have to go up to go down, in fact you should avoid any unnecessary "going up" at all costs, especially on an iPad2 :D

Last edited:
OP
M

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you you two for your help but i think im missing something.. my best solution at this time would be a fix on 4.3 for the camera connection kit as i am missing my computer and i don't have any access to a computer with no itunes installed (meaning to do the whole backup process and restore)
so my question that remains is: can i upgrade to 4.3.3 and if yes is it possible with shift+restore as with iphone, jailbreak and then restore?
and my following question is can i backup huge pdf files on pdf applications through pkgbackup or something similar?
Many thanks for ideas and your suggestions..

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts