What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connection kit Problem with 4.3 not 4.3.3 jailbreak

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, seems that i can't find any solution to use the camera connection kit with 4.3 (8F191) jailbreak. Any experience? the comex-fix with essential upgrade cannot be applicated as it doesn't appear on cydia. I would be really grateful if somebody knows something. What does this upgrade exactly? is there another way around? i can't upgrade to 4.3.3 at the moment

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no way round it as far as I know. The 4.3 iPad2 jailbreak as never official. You used a leaked copy and it was never intended to be public. Really, you should have taken the opportunity to update to 4.3.3 when the window was still open. Even with saved blobs, many users are currently experiencing problems. Sorry.

OP
M

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could i upgrade to 4.3.3 with shift+restore and then jailbreak? how could i have the blobs as i was never higher than 4.3 neither i downgraded from 4.3.4. The fact is what is that window on 4.3.4 that makes through essential upgrade the camera connection kit functioning and why does it not appear on 4.3? maybe only comex knows?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I said, lots of people are experiencing problems with restoring 4.3.3 on iPad2 at the moment, even IF you have saved SHSH Blobs (without them it is impossible).
You can check what blobs you have saved by opening Cydia and looking at the top left hand side of the home page. Your saved blobs are in green in the line starting "SHSH:"

But, I would not recommend you upgrade at the moment, even if you have blobs as there is an issue with the new restore process which means you may be stuck with no option but to have 4.3.5 without a jailbreak.

OP
M

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should i risk now to update from 4.3 to 4.3.3, i have the 4.3.3 blobs on cydia.I am asking because I heard about a new version from TU that came out but there was success on downgrading. what about this upgrade? the only reason i want to upgrade is to get the camera connection kit functioning.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mindovermedia said:
Should i risk now to update from 4.3 to 4.3.3, i have the 4.3.3 blobs on cydia.I am asking because I heard about a new version from TU that came out but there was success on downgrading. what about this upgrade? the only reason i want to upgrade is to get the camera connection kit functioning.

If you have blobs and follow this tutorial exactly you will have 4.3.3. In no time http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...d-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs-new-post.html

Then use jailbrekame.com to JB.

Most reactions