What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit + Jailbreak = cheap video storage!

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone currently got a powered external hard drive working that is running 4.2.1?

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Munky said:
Has anyone currently got a powered external hard drive working that is running 4.2.1?

I have not tried that in a while... I have everything i need to test - let me check and get back to you later today.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI - I finally got around to connecting my USB hard drive to my iPad (running 4.2.1) - even if it's a powered hard drive, I couldn't get it to show up in iFile on the iPad, like I used to back in 3.x.

I even tried formatting the drive as NTFS and FAT - still no go...

If anyone else has been able to get a USB hard disk working with the iPad on 4.2.1, please let me know - I could NOT get it working.

omsc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Bob,

This is very interesting. So, what I'd like to be able to do is take notes, etc. in an app called DevonThink (it's a sort of database app I have on my iPad and my Mac). When I am traveling I like to use my iPad but I do not always have wireless and so cannot back up my files, notes, photos etc taken in the field or an archive (I'm a historian). How would one do this with AirStash? It seems I would still need access to the filing system of the iPad via iFile on a jailbroken iPad. Perhaps I am misunderstanding.

Feel free to explain in the most elementary terms as I have no pride about these things.

Thanks

Christian

I just ordered one of these:

AirStashâ„¢: wireless flash drive + pocket media server + SD adapter for iPhone, iPod touch & iPad

1- Built in media server streams stuff from the SD Card to your iPad.
2- Will wirelessly transfer media, documents, graphics, other files to the iPad.

Bob

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like that, thanks for sharing, yes it may be $100, but thats cheaper then a new phone, my iphone 3gs is only the 8GB one.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If someone can come up with a tweak or something to restore harddrive functionality, they will make a fortune selling it on Cydia.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just looking around and seen a reference in some YouTube comments to a tweak called CamX2.0 that will return the voltage to 100 milliamps, can anyone confirm this?

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a screenshot of the results in referring to.

Attachments

• image-3728469628.png
    image-3728469628.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 286

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fmmrz5 said:
So will this work with the i Pad 2?

Works the same, whether iPad1 or 2 BUT there is currently no jailbreak available for ipad2 owners. The new 4.3.1 untetherd jailbreak about to be released is only for ipad1 owners. Ipad2 needs a new jailbreak of it's own since diff. Hardware. So ipad2 can't get the real ifiles from Cydia, yet. ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was anyone able to actually find CamX2.0 mentioned above? I searched Cydia up and down to no avail... maybe a source I don't have...

Most reactions

Latest posts