1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Camera Connection Kit amperage fix?

Discussion in 'iPad FAQ' started by talonts, Jan 19, 2011.

1. talonts

talonts iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a fix out there for Apple's boneheaded move of reducing the amp output to the CCK to the point where so many items that worked in OS3.x no longer work in 4.x?

I bought a CCK kit specifically for using USB thumb drives to upload photos, but 4.x broke that when they reduced the amperage out by 4x.
  2. Munky

Munky iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It really hasnt affected me at all, as I only use SD cards and a hard drive which is self powered so the reduction in amperage doesn't affect me. One work around for your situation is to use a powered usb hub...a PITA but is does work.
  3. Brewc

Brewc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thimnk we know to use self powered items, but that i'snt the point to what he asked is it? Might look at jailbreaking haven't looked but i left mine on 3.2
  4. talonts

talonts iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, not my point, defeats the purpose of portability. I even have an 18Ah battery I could jack into a hub, but it would be yet another thing to haul with me.

What I want is for Apple to pull their heads out of their a$$es and stop breaking things when "improving" or "upgrading". I unfortunately moved to 4.2 before I knew it would break thumb drive access.

Since Apple is finally going to allow us to choose how to use the rotate/mute switch in 4.2.higher or 4.3, maybe they'll be nice and put the port output amperage back where it belongs. There are a LOT of complaints about this out there (but nowhere near as many as the switch issue).

I was looking at JBing strictly because of the switch issue, but now Apple is fixing that. But if Apple never fixes the amperage issue, I'm going to go back to looking at JB builds to see if one of those fixes it.