What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection and assigning photos to album

Dino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have sync'd a photo onto ipad. Can I assign it to an event? Going on vacation and want to sync photos on Ipad, but would like to assign them to events (folders)..can this be done?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you assign folders on the PC or Mac side, not on the iPad.

But I am unclear what you mean by assign to an event. To me an event is a calendar item. If that is what you mean then no.

Michael

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might try one of the photo apps in the Apple store. I use Photo-Sort HD. I tried Sort Shots also, and didn't like it. YMMV. BTW, search for "sort", to find these apps.

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those photo sort apps all are useless to me.... Unless something has changed they use their own photo database and own folders and only import from the photos app.... meaning two sets of photos if you already sync photos from iTunes. I don't quite get the point unless you're a pro photographer and uses it to show photos to clients.

I'm sure I am missing something but I think others must be too: these apps don't ever seem to get higher than 2 or 3 stars in average reviews.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman,

Given the limitations Apple has put in place, I'm sure the developers would like to satisfy all your requirements, BUT they can't. So work with what you have, and find work-arounds. For example; You could import your pictures into the app and then delete them from pictures/camera roll, if you are short on space.

Also, I have read the reviews of these apps and found the following:

People expect the app to do things the developers never said it could do.
People expect the developers to fix things that only Apple can fix.
Some people just have to complain about every thing.
Most don't read the instructions or help files. Most haven't even read the iPad manual.

You read one review and it says everything or most everything works as advertised, you read another review they say nothing works! Guess who put in the effort to learn by reading and 'trail and error', and who didn't even try, except to wail and moan.

I thought about becoming a developer, but then I thought about having to listen to all the wailers and moaners who don't even make an effort to learn and need to be hand held all the way. To me it's not worth it.

Thank god most of these developers aren't like me. So I will try to give them all the kudo's support and thanks I can.

End of rant!!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman,

Given the limitations Apple has put in place, I'm sure the developers would like to satisfy all your requirements, BUT they can't. So work with what you have, and find work-arounds. For example; You could import your pictures into the app and then delete them from pictures/camera roll, if you are short on space.

Also, I have read the reviews of these apps and found the following:

People expect the app to do things the developers never said it could do.
People expect the developers to fix things that only Apple can fix.
Some people just have to complain about every thing.
Most don't read the instructions or help files. Most haven't even read the iPad manual.

You read one review and it says everything or most everything works as advertised, you read another review they say nothing works! Guess who put in the effort to learn by reading and 'trail and error', and who didn't even try, except to wail and moan.

I thought about becoming a developer, but then I thought about having to listen to all the wailers and moaners who don't even make an effort to learn and need to be hand held all the way. To me it's not worth it.

Thank god most of these developers aren't like me. So I will try to give them all the kudo's support and thanks I can.

End of rant!!
Here's another possibility: the app really does suck. Sorry, Occam's Razor and all that.

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to sort my pictures into proper digital photo albums reminiscent to the paper versions. I use an app called iAlbum. Once you learn how the app works, you can create
really nice results but you have to take time to read the instructions. There is a free but limited lite version. The full version is under four dollars and my favorite app of all. Do not be turned off by the star rating. People leaving it haven't taken the time to learn how to use it.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you assign folders on the PC or Mac side, not on the iPad.

But I am unclear what you mean by assign to an event. To me an event is a calendar item. If that is what you mean then no.

Michael

The iPhoto application on Mac's allow you to store photos by "Event" It is Apple's way of segregation for the photos that you take, I think.

Most reactions

Latest posts