1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Camera adaptor and USB keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by bombaycharlie, May 7, 2012.

1. bombaycharlie

bombaycharlie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. I just bought the camera kit for my new iPad in hopes of using my Maudio oxygen USB keyboard to trigger the instruments in GarageBand. When I plug it into the iPad it tells me the device uses too much power. My keyboard has an ac adaptor to supply power. The iPad stills tell me the keyboard uses too much power and wont work. Is there any work around or setting I need to adjust to make this keyboard work with the iPad?

Thanks in advance for your help

A little frustrated ,

Charlie
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767 / 0
    Hi Charlie - welcome to the forum! :)

I also have the CCK for my iPad 2 - this kits comes w/ 2 adapter options, a SD card interface for a camera's storage device and also a USB adapter to connect a digital camera directly; other USB functions are not supported, sorry.

Now I may be wrong not having explored this option and hopefully others may 'chime in' w/ more experience!
  3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I have two usb keyboard and neither of them work with the USB of the CCK. However, I have a microphone that does work with it. Go figure.
  4. bombaycharlie

bombaycharlie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi and thanks guys. I am still trying to figure out the best way,to use the iPad for music. The reason I bought the CCK is that I saw a YouTube video of some guys playing directly a midi usb keyboard directly into GarageBand. That's what I want to do.

Again thanks for the replies
  5. samstone

samstone iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Look up iRig. I use one for guitar.
  6. mrmark93

mrmark93 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Charlie- I became curious, did some Google work, and came up with a site that had iosMidi information:

{welp, I can't post links just yet} site name is simple: iosmidi dot com / devices {no spaces ;) }

also a thread on another forum about oxygen & iPad:

{no link here} but I googled 'maudio oxygen' and it was in the first few replies.

..I had originally read just 'keyboard', and wanted to parlay my own results of using a generic Dell USB keyboard successfully with my 3rd gen iPad, and just now using a crappy wireless keyboard/dongle that came with an Acer Revo PC I bought a few years back... the dongle plugs into the CCK, and the keyboard works flawlessly... Both devices caused a pop-up to appear on the iPad screen warning me of impending incompatibility, but both worked just fine.

Good luck with your music, Charlie and keep at your research, it appears that there most almost always is a way to make it work!
  7. bombaycharlie

bombaycharlie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info