What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camer roll

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I got one pix of my friend in my iPad roll, the other pix show time but this specify pix show the his location like city and street name.i don't know how these pix came into my device is from FB or.... But this is confirm I did not take my device there to take pix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Almost all phone cameras add location data when you take the picture (unless you disable the feature). If your friend uploaded the photo to FaceBook or sent it to you by other means it would contain the location of the photo when taken. It is possible to strip this information from a photo before sending it, but that's an extra step most people don't bother with.

I believe FaceBook also has a privacy setting that will hide/strip location data. But I think it is also off by default.

Depending on the view, the Photos app will show you the location of a photo when the information is available. It does not matter if you took the photo or not, only whether the information is contained in the photo's metadata.

There are two kinds of metadata that may be contained in a photo. EXIF describes things like camera settings, geolocation, file stats, and other technical information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format

IPTC is mostly concerned with copyright, tagging, and other management data. There is some overlap between the two; and both may be applied to the same photos.

I currently have two apps that let you look at your photo's EXIF data, and in some cases stip. things like the geolocation.

ViewExif creates and extension you can use to view and strip information from within the Photos app. If you open the app itself, it just tells you to go to the Photos app and use it there.

Metapho does the same, but can also be used to browse and view information from within the own app.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here is an example of the kind of information that may be contained in a photo's EXIF data.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430085991.716205.jpg

I used Metapho for the screenshot.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This again I got my answer in detail.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts