What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling with ipad3

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
patrickaliu said:
Can anyone tell me if I can call with my ipad3 here in nigeria?

If you're talking about making a phone call, then the answer is no. You can make FaceTime calls to another Apple device, as well as Skype to anyone with a computer.

Striker Pirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Install Skype pn the Ipad, it is something like a social network but can call on the telephone number.

AlphaJohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can i sim call with ipad3?

How can i sim call with ipad3?
Is there any app's,what about sms?

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Skype for Ipad to make telephone calls, just download from apple App Store sign up put some money into the account. I telephone land lines and mobiles (which is cheaper than normal way) I have used it from UK to Australia to land lines and mobiles, USA to UK even send Texts to both from Skype , if you have a hotmail email account and sign in at the bottom of the sign in page it will open up all your
contacts as well.
You can even use it to pay for Internet access if for instance you are at an airport and your 1/2hour is up, if you forget to log off it will log you off after1/2hour unless you click for more time. This is another app called Skype wifi

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Skype is very good!

Viber is also quite good for making calls and messaging.....although the recipient must have Viber also.
I've been using it lately with calls to Europe and its very clear.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another alternative is Talkatone, which uses Google Voice over wifi. Calls in both directions to landlines are free in the USA and Canada. We've found it handy on vacations to call ahead for motel reservations (no cellphone).

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Most reactions

Latest posts