What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all car smart people!!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds very fair from the dealership. What isn't fair is that people have to go out and get their cars updated yet again to pass the smog requirements. I can understand new cars needing to pass, but it seems like those already out there, and especially those that just passed within the past few years, should be exempt. Times must be good for auto shops in CA!

Maybe I missed something. Was this car not currently registered? Maybe I can see how that might create an issue.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but it seems like those already out there, and especially those that just passed within the past few years, should be exempt.

That is exactly what our mechanic said to me!

Was this car not currently registered? Maybe I can see how that might create an issue.

No it was. The last time being when our mechanic put in the "wrong" converter. She took it in right away and they smogged it so it was obviously okay three years ago and all this time!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately it does seem like California put the burden on it's citizens once again and paying the 100 for labor would seem fair. I really don't understand why the car would not be grandfathered. Very bad for business.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately it does seem like California put the burden on it's citizens once again and paying the 100 for labor would seem fair. I really don't understand why the car would not be grandfathered. Very bad for business.

Again, this is what my mechanic said. Seems so unfair.

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should live in Florida. They don't care what you drive here. No vehicle checks. Forget environment. Most have no insurance, cars can be falling apart, high speed welcomed, and senior drivers get licenses for like six to ten years. At least in California you try to be responsible. The wild west...redux.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah that is fair, just not right, when the laws change they should pay for the people to have to go in and have something replaced with what they changed!

Most reactions