What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Called the Apple Store

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just called the apple store. Strange, they would not tell me exactly which iPad 2 was in stock. When I called out what I wanted, he simply said "sorry sir but I can't tell you that info on the phone but we do have them in stock. I asked him why could he not tell me because I am over 100 miles away. I got the same answer. Any ideas any one? Very strange!

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe he works for the FBI??? Yeah it is strange. I'm sorry but I can't help you. I'm not from the States. Hopefully someone else on the forum will give you better information.

Anybody??

Reaction score
Smooth65 said:
Just called the apple store. Strange, they would not tell me exactly which iPad 2 was in stock. When I called out what I wanted, he simply said "sorry sir but I can't tell you that info on the phone but we do have them in stock. I asked him why could he not tell me because I am over 100 miles away. I got the same answer. Any ideas any one? Very strange!

Perhaps that is a precaution against armed robbery.

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My guess is he can't hold iPads for you over the phone and doesn't want to tell you a certain model is available, only for it to get sold out before you get there.

The Hooded Claw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Ravy has the right idea. He can't hold iPads and doesn't want to be the scapegoat if your desired model isn't there when you arrive. Not to mention that it discourages a swarm of people calling twice per day!

Most reactions

Latest posts