What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call me jealous

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I think the multitasking could be pretty big if implemented well. I am constantly frustrated by it right now. Last night I started typing an email and couldn't remember the details of something I was writing about. I switched to the web browser to look it up real quick forgetting that I just closed my email. I found my info, but had to start over typing the email. I am frequently in one application and want to switch over to another and then back. Sometimes it does a good job of saving the state and coming right back, but many times it doesn't.

when typing an email if you exit and go to another app the email will still be there when you go back to the mail app. The mail app is always running in the background.

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking forward to the folders I have to many apps some don't show and the multitasking will be helpful for my classes.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the multitasking could be pretty big if implemented well. I am constantly frustrated by it right now. Last night I started typing an email and couldn't remember the details of something I was writing about. I switched to the web browser to look it up real quick forgetting that I just closed my email. I found my info, but had to start over typing the email. I am frequently in one application and want to switch over to another and then back. Sometimes it does a good job of saving the state and coming right back, but many times it doesn't.

when typing an email if you exit and go to another app the email will still be there when you go back to the mail app. The mail app is always running in the background.
That's what I thought, but when I went back to mail last night, it took me to my inbox. My email wasn't in drafts either. I just assumed it was a memory management issue where it ran out and closed it.

Last edited:

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the unified email inbox is the feature I'd like most. I am waiting to upgrade my iPhone 3G (no home high speed yet, not inspired enough to go elsewhere yet).
I think multitasking is overrated and will be a battery hog anyway.

U62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folders - jailbreak
Multitasking - jailbreak
Backgrounding - jailbreak
Custom wallpaper etc - jailbreak
So much more - jailbreak

Point made? iOS4 is introducing basic functions which us jailbreakers have had for months and only work really well with the faster processor. Unless you have an iphone4, and iOS4 is compulsory, don't bother. Jailbreak instead. Get the good stuff without the CPU load.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where the hell are the widgets for the main screen. iOS is so boring. I want a big clock and weather and whatever else I can think of on my main screen, and then scroll over to the next page for apps. How long is Apple going to milk this OS before they allow my iPad to look different than an iPhone released 3 years ago?

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad as is, but after having my iPhone 4 for a week, it makes me long for iOS4 on the iPad. The folders and multitasking are great but I can see a lot more need for them on My iPad. My eleven screens are nearly full. The only thing I don't like about my iPhone 4 is that the screen makes my iPad look just a little less gorgeous :)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't seen a good enough reason to jailbreak yet :)

The pad just does what I want 90% of the time. Folders and multitasking are icing on the cake but I honestly don't miss them. What it does do it does damned well and anything demanding is relegated to the quad core.

The os upgrade will be welcome when it comes but I'm really looking forward to the next version of the iPad itself. That will be the most interesting upgrade.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, jailbreaking is not a viable solution. But I am also not desperate for the iOS 4 features. I want them, but then I also want a date with [insert hottie here], but am not willing to risk my wife's ire for a trivial thrill. I have done without an iPad for too many decades to not wait until this fall. Especially knowing how many minor bugs will be removed by then.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, jailbreaking is not a viable solution. But I am also not desperate for the iOS 4 features. I want them, but then I also want a date with [insert hottie here], but am not willing to risk my wife's ire for a trivial thrill. I have done without an iPad for too many decades to not wait until this fall. Especially knowing how many minor bugs will be removed by then.

Is it company owned? What makes it not viable? If for some reason you don't like it you can always remove it. Actually jailbreaking takes literally under 1 minute....and there are no negatives to doing it.

Most reactions

Latest posts