What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call me impatient...

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at work and I just received my Ipad2. I would love to get it set up, but I'm thinking I need to wait until I get home and use my home computer.

Am I wrong? Will I create issues if I try to use my Ipad in conjunction with more than one desktop computer?

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
you need the current itunes install whatever you decide. you need to activate your ipad with itunes before you can use it.

from then on in you dont need a computer at all. i use 2 computers both with itunes on to plug my devices back and forth from. and i have both my Touch and ipad plugged in simultaneously to itunes too.

my itunes library, ie, my apps, music and vids are all on a separate pocket hard drive. makes transportation of my media more flexible.

the main trouble with starting to use your ipad in work is that your boss will be pissed you aint getting any real work done :p

Last edited:
OP
D

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the main trouble with starting to use your ipad in work is that your boss will be pissed you aint getting any real work done :p

Many thanks for the speedy response. And, yes, I know it's a dangerous thing to get it going while I'm at work.. but omg, who could resist?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
dont blame you. i've had mine 2 weeks now (Apple delivered it 2 weeks early) and it's my first ipad. i'm more than familiar with Apple's other iOS devices, but not this.

And wow, it's a life changer.

for the first time in 25 years i've zipped up my tatty leather filofax and shoved it away in the draw. i now use my ipad for all i need. dates, diarys, calenders, work schedulers, office stuff, accounts, free hand note taking/dictation, drawing tools etc etc. i've made the conscious decision to embrace it as much as i can.

And socially, i'm logged into head office via video skype all day, it's great for watching movies and live tv, radio apps are cool and even playing my guitar through amplitube is the mutz nutz. (or where i come from, the badger's nadgers)

And so far i have no complaints other than the fact i'm consciously making the effort to try to concentrate also on other things like work and family. not easy. the wife is sooooo pissed off with the words 'ipad' in almost every conversation we have :p
Also, it's heavier than i was expecting .

Last edited:

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the ethical thing to do is wait until you get home and set it up on your own computer, on your own time. Not fair to your employer do otherwise. On the other hand, if you're a volunteer and don't get paid, by all means go for it.

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
debsylvania said:
This is a classic case of an angel on one shoulder, devil on the other!

Then I'm gonna be the devil and say "do it!!" ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reaction score
I think the ethical thing to do is wait until you get home and set it up on your own computer, on your own time. Not fair to your employer do otherwise. On the other hand, if you're a volunteer and don't get paid, by all means go for it.

it can be set up in well under 15 minutes, the often coffee break time amount, if iTunes is already on the computer.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

OP
D

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it set up and had plenty of my lunch break left to play some Plants vs Zombies :)

The real fun comes tonight. Thanks again for all of the input!

Most reactions

Latest posts