1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Calibrating iPad

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by DDBigginz, Mar 26, 2011.

1. DDBigginz

DDBigginz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me and my husband was wondering if you cab calibrate the iPad screen? He has been having problems with touching one thing and something else comes up. Does anyone know if you can calibrate the screen? Thank you! :D
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    No - there is no facility for calibrating the screen. If you're having problems 'hitting the right spot' then, in Safari, a double-tap to the screen will enlarge the page. Also, you can use the 'pinch gesture' (thumb and first finger together on the screen and then move them apart to expand, towards each other to contract)

If you're editting some text and can't seem to get the cursor in exactly the right spot, touch and hold the screen for a second and a little magnifying glass will 'pop up' which makes navigating around much easier.

Keep in touch and please don't hesitate to come back with any other questions you might have.

Tim
    Scotland
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    yup, touch problems are hardware/software issues, not screen calibration issues. thats a different matter that isn't a device option.
  4. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    if its trying to edit words,, try hold on the word until a magnifying glass shows up on the word then slide it to the place you want to edit. hitting the right spot in the middle of a word is a real crap shoot

Support Our Troops!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    Sent from my iPad
  5. Mskjon

Mskjon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Try a screen shield?

Great tips from the guys above. One thing I noticed is that my iPad is much less sensitive since I added my screen protector. So much in fact that I may return it.
    I also notice ithe screen is less sensitive when I use it on a padded surface like a foot stool or ottoman.
    You may also try a "stylus" which is like a pen you can orient yourself with on the screen surface(like with your finger), and tap links and icons.
  6. Kaps77

Kaps77 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a Ghost Armor protective film put on my iPad 2 and it not only protects, reduces glare and eliminates fingerprints & smudges. Best of all they put it on without any bubbles, etc. It took 20 minutes and cost $35. The best investment yet. BTW, it doesn't reduced sensitivity at all.

Kaps