What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calenders

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get more colours on the calendar selections to indicate different items ?

G

Grytpype

You can't change it from the nasty purple color Apple imposes on everything.

There was an extremely good app called Week Calendar HD which was very similar to the Apple native Calendar, but allowed you (among other things) to color-code events and change font sizes. Apple saw it was better than their own app, so in a typical act of childish spite, they disabled it. You can still get the iPhone version of it, but that's not ideal for the iPad.

There are numerous alternative Calendar apps, but I've looked at them all and none come anywhere near the Week Cal HD for its simple functionality.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
If you set up different (multiple) calenders in i.e. your Google account you can choose different colours for each different calender, this way each different calender has its own colours - oh, and the purple can also be changed.

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have added other calendars but I have used up all the available colours and now need more but if what your saying is right there are none available :-(

G

Grytpype

If you set up different (multiple) calenders in i.e. your Google account you can choose different colours for each different calender, this way each different calender has its own colours - oh, and the purple can also be changed.

... but they don't sync properly with MS Outlook. You can't merge them there.

FAIL :thumbsdown:

Most reactions

Latest posts