What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Ron C E Cooper said:
Selecting March 2013 crashes I.e. leaves the Calendar App and returns to main screen.

Just tried it, works without problem.
Force close the calender app (double press home button, tap and hold the calender app symbol until it twiggles and tap on the red minus) and start it again with another try.
If this does not work force close it again and reboot the ipad (holding on/off switch and home button down until the iPad shuts off and the Apple appears again).
This should do it....

OP
Ron C E Cooper

Ron C E Cooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
Just tried it, works without problem.
Force close the calender app (double press home button, tap and hold the calender app symbol until it twiggles and tap on the red minus) and start it again with another try.
If this does not work force close it again and reboot the ipad (holding on/off switch and home button down until the iPad shuts off and the Apple appears again).
This should do it....

Not for me it doesn't! But thank you anyway.

OP
Ron C E Cooper

Ron C E Cooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ron C E Cooper said:
Not for me it doesn't! But thank you anyway.

I deleted an item and now it works, if only I could repeat the action, I could demonstrate the bug!

loughor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I joined the forum to reply to this thread because I get the same bug. Google helped me find this place.

I have an iPad 3rd Gen (wifi only) and an iPhone 4. I have them synchronising certain data without a problem. This is my first iPad so I am new to it. Today I decided to enter birthdays - annual recurring events. They went in and sync'd with the iPhone. However when checking the pages, as soon as I try to view March 2013 the calendar just vanishes. Either by turning the pages or using the jump option at the bottom. The iPhone has no such problem.

I have tried the sugegstions above:
- restarting calendar (after force close),
- restasting the iPad,
- deleting all events in March.
None of these have succeeded in getting March 2013 to show. I wonder what will happen tomorrow. Will it transfer to April 2013 or stay with March?

Any help getting this working will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

loughor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see that this is a common issue from Apple's own forum, and one that has been dragging on for a while.

I tried some more things mostly involving disabling iCloud sync on the iPad. Clearing calendar. Turning back on. In all sorts of combinations. While it was clear/empty and not syncing, I could get to March 2013. I left it there and turned iCloud on after which starting calendar caused constant crashing as it was trying to open the offending month every time. All off, clear and out of 2013, on etc and I can use it... but of course not with that month. It doesn't look like there is a fix until Apple sort it out on all iPads with iOS 5.1. Oh and I can view all calendar details on icloud.com.

loughor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reported to Apple directly as a bug. Sitting back waiting but not holding my breath.

walkalpujarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got into the situation where calendar was trying to open into month view of march 2013 but immediately quit. As a result i couldnt get into calendar at all. I tried all above suggestions with no success. Gave up and decided to contact apple the next day. I tried getting into calendar just as the clock turned midnight and the date therefore had changed. Well lucky or not calendar opened on the current todays date. It still will not display march 2013 and to avoid problems i advise not to create events in march 2013 untill apple respond with some amendment.

walkalpujarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found a solution on another forum https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3785480?start=15&tstart=0

The solution involves removing or editing an all day event recurring for april 1st (sounds like some developers little joke but not funny).

It worked for me and i quote the reasoning below

Quote........
following the advice from DEVART, developer of Holiday Calendar app which is copied below :

Yes, this is an iOS issue.
The crash is caused by Apple's iOS.
The reason is the daylight saving time change the weekend before 1 April 2013. This problem affects ALL all-day events on Monday 1st of April.
We reported this bug to Apple, and hopefully they will fix the bug in the Calendar app soon.
Other apps like CalAlarm, miCal, Week Calendar do not suffer from this problem.
Workaround:
Please edit all-day events on 1 April 2013 in the week view. Either remove the event or change the all-day event into an appointment event, starting for example 12.00.

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ron C E Cooper said:
Selecting March 2013 crashes I.e. leaves the Calendar App and returns to main screen.

Look at my thread re MArch 2013 hope it helps :)

Garethandlara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem which was frustrating. Eventually I went to the calendars and unticked the uk holiday setting. This has now sorted it. Apparently as Easter Monday is on April 1st it doesn't le it.

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, untucked the uk holidays and mine still crashes on March ? Oh well ....

OP
Ron C E Cooper

Ron C E Cooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting all entries for April 1 ? I purchased "Awesome Cal" and have never looked back.

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took 1st April event out and Voila... March is back !! Thank-you Ron :)

SOCG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you your a star! ( By the way it was still working in day and week mode but of course not in month.)

Most reactions

Latest posts