What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar

rmpresti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I copy and paste an appointment to another day without removing the appointment on that day?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is not possible to copy and paste events in the Calendar app. All you can do is move them.

There is a workaround, of sorts.

If you turn the event into a Repeating event, each individual event can be moved.

Say you wanted five identical events on some days of the month that don't mach a normal repeat. Create the event, and have it repeat daily for the next 5 days. Now drag the events to the days you want. Each time you do so it will ask if you want to do this for all following events, or just the one. Choose just for that event. This will break it out of the main repeating event.

You may get some odd results, like some events remaining repeating events, especially if you leave a couple of the events in a row.

The alternative is to use a third party calendar app with this functionality. Several will sync with the native Calendar app. I use Fantastical on my iPhone and it does this. Unfortunately there is no iPad version, and I'm not familiar enough with the other calendar apps to make a suggestion.

OP
R

rmpresti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not possible to copy and paste events in the Calendar app. All you can do is move them.

There is a workaround, of sorts.

If you turn the event into a Repeating event, each individual event can be moved.

Say you wanted five identical events on some days of the month that don't mach a normal repeat. Create the event, and have it repeat daily for the next 5 days. Now drag the events to the days you want. Each time you do so it will ask if you want to do this for all following events, or just the one. Choose just for that event. This will break it out of the main repeating event.

You may get some odd results, like some events remaining repeating events, especially if you leave a couple of the events in a row.

The alternative is to use a third party calendar app with this functionality. Several will sync with the native Calendar app. I use Fantastical on my iPhone and it does this. Unfortunately there is no iPad version, and I'm not familiar enough with the other calendar apps to make a suggestion.

Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts