1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Calendar

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by rmpresti, May 8, 2013.

1. rmpresti

rmpresti iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can I copy and paste an appointment to another day without removing the appointment on that day?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,985 / 1
    It is not possible to copy and paste events in the Calendar app. All you can do is move them.

There is a workaround, of sorts.

If you turn the event into a Repeating event, each individual event can be moved.

Say you wanted five identical events on some days of the month that don't mach a normal repeat. Create the event, and have it repeat daily for the next 5 days. Now drag the events to the days you want. Each time you do so it will ask if you want to do this for all following events, or just the one. Choose just for that event. This will break it out of the main repeating event.

You may get some odd results, like some events remaining repeating events, especially if you leave a couple of the events in a row.

The alternative is to use a third party calendar app with this functionality. Several will sync with the native Calendar app. I use Fantastical on my iPhone and it does this. Unfortunately there is no iPad version, and I'm not familiar enough with the other calendar apps to make a suggestion.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rmpresti

rmpresti iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,985 / 1