What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar won't accept new events

Kittylet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if I enter a new event on my iPad it won't appear. However it appears on my iPhone Calendar. iPad also deleted some events.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using iCloud to sync your calendars, or a different service (such as Google or Yahoo!)?

Either way, go to the online site on a computer and check to make sure your events are correct there. If they are you can:

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, open the correct account, and turn off the Calendars. Tell it to delete local events when prompted.

Go ahead and open the Calendar app to be sure it is now empty.

Go back to the account settings and turn the Calendar syncing back on.

Open Calenars (after waiting a bit) and check to make sure everything synced back correctly.

Don't forget to tap on the Calendar button at the bottom and make sure all your calendars are checked, so that they show up.

Note: you can check iCloud syncing by going to icloud.com in a computer browser and signing in with your iCloud ID.

WARNING: If your website (online) account shown on the computer is not up to date, do not do this. You will lose anything that is not online.

OP
K

Kittylet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Syncing with iCloud did the trick! It's strange because up until today the calendar worked fine. Now it's working fine. Thanks

Most reactions