What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar that I cant delete from my Calendar App - anyone know why?

Popthefixitman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a user calendar called "Universalis Automatic" that I can't seem to delete from the calendars in my Apple iPad Calendar App. Can someone Helen me delete it? Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully these pics will help......

image-677515835.png

image-1319009611.png

image-2059897056.png

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The other possibility is in Settings. Sometimes subscribed calendars can not be deleted in the Calendar app, or won't stay deleted. I've seen both.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; and see if you've got a Subscribed Calendars account. Open this, select the undesirable calendar and delete it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

make2012better

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi twer , thank you for the information. I will try to use your approach to delete all my calendar.

By the way i compare my iphone and ipad , may i know why my iPad have many calendar , if I click the calendar top left icon called calendar I can see my iPad have calendar from my PC , where my iphone don't have . Do you know why ?

Paul

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-6.138884,106.869472

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go thorough your account settings on both the iPad and iPhone to make sure they are the same.

With each devices connected to the computer and selected in iTunes, check the Info tab. To make sure they are the same. I don't recommend syncing anything from the Info tab, but it is possible.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Because it only syncs when you connect to the computer it has some inherent problems.

Your stuff is out of sync most of the day. So if you do a lot of updating, you'll never know which device is right. If you sync and edit the data on more than one device, then that problem multiplies by the number of devices.

Because of the large delays you will often end up editing stuff in several places before the next sync. This will cause conflicts, which you will have to manually sort out.

If you also sync online through one of the devices you stand a good chance of creating loops, and seeing your contacts and events multiply every time you do a manual sync. It is easy to overlook the iTunes sync, since it is not a setting on your device. At least half the time people come here complaining about duplicate this or that, it's because they are syncing both in iTunes and online.

In short, the iTunes syncing method is the least efficient method of syncing data that is subject to change on both ends. It was originally put in place before there were any decent online syncing available, and remains as a fall back if you have no choice, for whatever reason.

When ever possible you should sync all computers and devices back to the same place for each account/calendar/contacts or whatever, and by preference it should be as immediate a sync as possible. It helps prevents loops, duplicates, and conflicts.

And I realize in the below attachment the first and second options are identical. My mistake. I should have added a forth circle.

Attachments

• SyncDiagrams.jpg
    SyncDiagrams.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 454

make2012better

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sir

I like your chart it explain every thing. From today I will try not to tick any thing from info tab.

Thank you for sharing

make2012better

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sir

I just realize that my contact from all my iDevice and andriod is sync now. This is the biggest achieve so far.

Paul

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad to hear it. It's nice when things work, and when you can get three different operating systems to work together it's an achievement.

make2012better

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Twer , I already sync my iPad iphone by not tick any thing at info tab , so I am assume that I only sync with iCloud . And I check my

iphone 3 I have 1821 contact
iPad 1 have 1102 contact

As some contact like mr A appear in iphone but appear in iPad , also some contact appear in iPad it does appear in iphone .

My question is in what why I can merge these 2 set of contact into 1 , so that both iphone and iPad have similar contact.

I think this is because in the past I sync wrongly , hope you can advise me.

Paul

Most reactions