What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar Problem

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure the calendar is enabled in your settings (Mails, Contacts, Calendars - the account). If it is, go to the Calendar app, tap Calendars at the bottom and look at the check marked calendars. If the one/s you need are enabled, drag that list down. You'll see a spinning wheel at the top, which will show it's syncing. This should bring back all events not listed there any more.
image.jpg

If this doesn't help, tell us please what you've already tried.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi!

What you can try is force closing and reopening calendar. Perform a four finger upward swipe and perform an upward swipe on the calendar app window.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried the above, but no good. Did a Restore, thinking this would put things back to normal again. Little did I realise that it cleared all e-mails, calendar, many photos etc. Wish life was a bit easier!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope that, when you set up the accounts again, this problem doesn't appear once more. Usually deleting the email account and setting it up again can solve problems with the calendar as well.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Johanna, I think it's a trip to the Apple store to help me sort this out, as I'm no great shakes at software. Good job I have the e-mails on my PC, but unfortunately have lost some photos that cannot be replaced.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hang on there! If you had enable iCloud backup from Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup, theres a chance your iPad may have automatically backed up if it was plugged in, locked and connected to wifi, all at the same time.

Good luck and hope you get back all photos!

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Silly me didn't use iCloud, I am now. However, the Appl Shop corrected the Calendar and gave me some instructions, which I have now sorted out, so all is good again. Got a bit of the 'Bums Rush' when in the Apple shop from the guy I saw. Not the usual feeling this time, but alls well that ends well.

Thanks for the help and concern.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe I did. It is now my intention to read more about this, as well as use iCloud in the hope that it does not happen again. I also need to try and understand more - I need to.

Thanks again all.

Most reactions

Latest posts