What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar open to current month without any events showing

Tr6tr7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1, IOS5. After opening to no data, I touch another month and it has all events and then I can go back to current month and all data is then there. If I close and reopen the same thing happens every time. This started with IOS 5. Does this happen to anyone else?
Thanks,
Joe

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, sorta', you just gotta wait about 5 or 10 seconds, it will load.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This has been happening with many of Apples apps, when they are set to sync with iCloud. I suspect that it is because they go to iCloud (or try to) and check to make sure they are in sync before displaying. If the iCloud site is slow, or if they can not find iCloud, then there is the 5 to 10 second delay Jeeper noted.

It even happens with the iWorks apps.

OP
T

Tr6tr7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, but mine never opens. I can wait forever. Ifs only happening on the month view. If I leave it on let's say, the week view, close the app and then reopen it, it will be correct, no problem. Just the month view doesn't open upon launch. Weird problem. Minor inconvenience, but annoying none e less.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using iCloud, try going to the iCloud settings and turn the Calendar off, then on again. Tell it to delete from the iPad when prompted (to avoid duplicates when it re-syncs).

While I don't know if it will help with your problem, I do know that turning iCloud off then on again has cleared up syncing problems for others.

Last edited:

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it is a shortage of memory problem. I have the same issue but if I double click the home button and close all apps the problem is gone.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It happens with me but only takes a second or two to fix by clicking on the following month then back to the current month again.

Most reactions

Latest posts