What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar Notification

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My calendar is no longer notifying me 10 minutes before an event. It used to pop up on the screen and now it doesn’t. I’ve gone to notifications and it is still turned on. What else might I be missing?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check your event details and make sure an alert is set. You will only get notifications for events with alerts.

Under Settings > Calendar you can set up default alert times. There is no 10 minute choice.

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It’s weird but before the alerts disappeared they were 10 minites before the event. And I didn’t have to arrange for an alert with every event. It just happened.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you check the defaults I mentioned?

If they are set, then an alert gets set whenever you create an event; automatically. Otherwise there are none. No alert, no notification.

While you can not set a 10 minute default, 10 minutes is the top choice when creating an alert. Chances are that you created your events with that alert; and something has changed so that new events do not have an alert (or the time has changed.

Also, I’m only talking about the default alerts for Apple’s Calendar app. Other apps may have different default settings. I typically use Fantastical, which can be set for a default of 10 minutes. Many thrid party calendar apps, like Fantastical, work with Apple’s calendar service; so both Calendar and the thrid party app have the same events.

I seem to remember 10 minutes being available as a default. Maybe Apple changed it, and a glitch caused settings to revert to no alert if the old time was not available. That’s pure speculation.

Anyway, the way forward is to create a couple of events with alerts (however you do it) and make sure new events work as expected. Then go back and review your important events to make sure they have alerts set.

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did check the defaults you have mentioned and took the becessary steps to have alerts. Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I do appreciate this.

Most reactions