What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar no longer syncing computer and iPad

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My calendar used to sync to my iPad and iPhone, whichever device was connected to my computer. Now my calendar isn't syncing any more. I had noticed that my iPad started to sync wirelessly, perhaps via iCloud, but even that isn't happening any more. How can I make it so that my calendar syncs with both devices? is there some setting in iTunes for this? I haven't knowingly changed any settings.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The calendar sync settings in iTunes are under the Info tab. You need to have your iPad connected and selected in iTunes to see the sync settings.

Personally, I don't care much for the older method of syncing through iTunes. It is slow and prone to problems, especially if you sync more than one device. I highly recommend syncing through a online account such as iCloud or Gmail instead. This is as easy as turning it on on the iPad and iPhone. For the computer you will have to open the relevant apps and add the accounts. Pay attention to merge/keep/delete options as you do these things.

Make sure you turn off the Calendar and Contacts syncing in iTunes first. Having both methods running will cause no end of problems.

Most reactions