What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar history

TonyKeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - my Ipad and Iphone both only synch about 6 weeks of history from my google calendar. I can see years of history when I go on the web and look at my google calendar. I have read various helpful answers on this forum about adjusting the ipad settings so that events are synched 6 months back (or indeed synch all events) back but it does not seem to help.
For some reason birthdays are the only events that show up historically. I think this lack of history is a recent development - possibly post IOS6? Any brilliant ideas would be welcomed. Thanks. Tony

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try this. Make sure you have got the calendar sync setting the way you want under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Open your GMail account in the same place and turn OFF the Calendar. Choose to delete the local events when it asks.

Go to the Calendars app and open it, to force the calendar to delete.

Now go back to the GMail setting and turn the calendar ON.

Hopefully this will force a full re-sync of your events; in accordance with the settings.

OP
T

TonyKeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this - it all sounds very sensible. Beofre I do try it (being cautious) what are these local events you advise it will ask me to delete. Deleting always sounds worrying although you imply I won't miss them. Thanks, Tony

OP
T

TonyKeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having thought about your advice a little longer it all makes sense - deleting local events will only delete them from the iphone and not from the server and when I turn the claendar back on - they hopefully will all still be on the server and will transfer faithfully back to the iphone. I will pluck up courage and try it later on. Thanks again. Tony

OP
T

TonyKeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well done - you are a genius! It worked perfectly!! Tony

Most reactions

Latest posts