Calendar event won't update, others will.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by nettski, Sep 12, 2014.

1. nettski

nettski
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have 7 events on my calendar which repeat every 2 weeks, they were all added at the same time over a year ago. I have both ipad and iphone and the calendar syncs ok. I sometimes add notes or locations to individual dates and save 'for this event only'. I have just put in different locations on a number of them and then went through them to check I hadn't missed any. One of them wasn't updated so I changed it, I then noticed it had reverted back to the original entry, I tried changing it on my phone and the same thing happened. I have compared it to the other events and they are all set up the same way. I tried deleting the event both ways (for this event only and all future events) it disappears for a few seconds then comes back. I've changed the settings to sync all events on both phone and ipad, I've tried closing the calendar by sliding it up, I've tried rebooting the ipad, none of these have worked and I have run out of ideas. Any clues?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If it is an iCloud calendar go to icloud.com on a computer and see what you can do with it there. The same thing with Gmail or Yahoo or Hotmail, check them out on their web sites.

Provided all the information is correct on the web site, you can turn off your calendars in the account's settings, delete from the device, then turn the calendars back on.

When they re-sync the calendar should clear up any conflicts, hopefully un-sticking the problem event.

3. nettski

nettski
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your help, I tried changing it on icloud.com and it comes up with " Couldn't save changes to "work" because of a server error. Please try again. I tried changing the other dates and they were fine. I tried deleting it and a similar message "Couldn't delete "work" because of a sever error", came up. "work" is the name of the event, I mentioned this because the calendar is also called work.
    It gives me the option to Report, should I do this?

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    It won't hurt to make the report. It isn't something that has immediate benefit for you, but it helps Apple detect and track problems; hopefully to improve them in the future.

Looks like there were some iCloud issues between 9 and 10 to day.
    http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

5. nettski

nettski
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I tried adding a new event to the same day and it let me add it but I can't amend it or delete it, I guess I'm just going to have to live with it or go back to a paper diary!
    Many thanks for your help.

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Did you try turning off calendars, then turning them back on as I suggested earlier? It's a good idea to open the Calendar app inbetween to make sure they calendars are gone.

7. nettski

nettski
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'll give it a go.

8. nettski

nettski
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I did what you said, have a weird result. I still can't delete the original event but I have managed to update the new one which I added earlier today. So it's half worked, I'm happy with that, I can live with the old one being there.

Many thanks for all your help.

9. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    No problem.

10. nettski

nettski
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Oh dear, I looked at it this morning and it's reverted back again. It's doing the same as before but taking longer to revert back so I thought it had worked but it hasn't. At one point I thought I had managed to delete the old event then suddenly it was back. When I'm next in town I'll take it to an Apple store.