Calendar dates from way back

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Jolinmax, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Jolinmax

Jolinmax
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi Twerppoet
    It is me again with a new problem.
    My calendar has lost previous entries from about 9 months ago. I saw you advised somebody some time ago to go to Calendar in settings and go right to the bottom and pick (I forget what it was now and i can't find where you said it) I think it was all events but I do not see that in my settings. Also every time I put an entry in to my calendar it asks for my password. I do not know if I am in the right place to ask this question

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    No problem.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, scroll to the bottom and look for Sync under the Calendars section. It should be set to All Events.

If you are syncing your calendars with an IMAP service then you can delete the account at the top of the same settings area, then add it again. This will usually stop the password requests. Examples of the right kind of account would be: iCloud, Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail. If you have a different account let me know (sorry I don't remember what you said before) before trying to delete and re-add the account.

You shouldn't lose anything doing this, though it's not a bad idea to go to your account's website first and make sure your data is there.

Good luck.

3. Jolinmax

Jolinmax
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hello again
    I have put the calendar sync to all settings but the information is still only there from April 2014. The only ones that are tree before that date is entries which have been marked to repeat yearly. I do not know what IMAP service is. And I do not now how to delete my e mail account as it does not seem to be giving me that option.
    I do not use Outlook it is Yahoo which is my email account and I Cloud

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Go to your Yahoo site and check your calendar there. To see if the older appointments are still there. Unless you are syncing the calendars with iCloud, in which case go to icloud.com in a desktop browser.

Both Yahoo and iCloud are IMAP accounts. IMAP is a mail protocol that keeps the data on the server, so that all devices and computers connected to it have the same information.

5. Jolinmax

Jolinmax
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sorry I must seem so stupid. When you say go to my Yahoo site i don't know what you mean. Do I have to log in to yahoo then look for calendar. Could you do me a step by step?
    Yes I have just been to my laptop in I cloud and the messages are there

#5 Jolinmax, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  6. Jolinmax

Jolinmax
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have gone into yahoo.com on my laptop but I do not see any calendar
    I do not know if I am syncing with i cloud or I tunes. I have not synced calendars for a while unless it does it automatically

7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Wow! They've really changed things since the last time I was there, and buried the calendar.

Use Safari to go to my.yahoo.com and sign in using your Yahoo email and password.
    Tap on the What's New tab.
    Scroll down a bit and you should see a Calendar block
    Tap on Go To Yahoo Calendar in the bottom of the block.
    (you might want to bookmark this)

The controls from there should be understandable, but let me know if you need more.

If you visit the same site using a desktop browser you can use the Add Content button to put your calendar on the main page.

8. Jolinmax

Jolinmax
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Nothing is easy!
    There is no "what's new) and if I type in calendar block it just gives me adverts for lots of calendars

9. Jolinmax

Jolinmax
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

10. Jolinmax

Jolinmax
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I wrote a big reply here but it has disappeared, however I have checked my calendar on my I pad and all my entries have appeared by magic so it looks like my problem is solved. Thank you again for your patience. I hope you do not get too many like me!!!.