What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar and time zone check query

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting myself organised. I started for the first time to use the standard Calendar app. Save the chaos of stuff written on various bits of paper.

For the moment I am in Continental W Europe but the events I am logging into the calendar are in the UK where I will be next month.

At first I entered the times and saw nothing odd. But then I saw the Time Zone option, and entered 'London'. In this case when I press Edit it shows me an hour less (earlier) than what it shows on screen. In fact not being able to get it right on screen I gave it false times.

Now I realise that may have been stupid. I should have entered the local (UK) option and UK times, put up with seeing the wrong times on screen as I do now and when I get to UK it the ipad will know I am there and all the times on screen will change and become the right local ones? Whereas if I do not use the Timezone option they will look OK now but will all be wrong when I get there?

If so a slightly questionable system IMHO - in planning you most usually want to have in mind only local times.

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Auto option never works for me, even though I never disable Location Services. It just shows the spinning wait-thingie and never resolves a timezone. I have to reset the time manually when I travel.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Most reactions

Latest posts